Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbat

Pootsie and Ian Og claiming they wont be able to feed the patients in hospital due to the border in the Irish Sea, really is no bottom to how low they will try to stoop to deflect attention.

maddog

Quote from: pbat on January 14, 2021, 12:27:07 PM
Pootsie and Ian Og claiming they wont be able to feed the patients in hospital due to the border in the Irish Sea, really is no bottom to how low they will try to stoop to deflect attention.

Under any set of normal circumstances this would finish them as a party.

Taylor

Quote from: maddog on January 14, 2021, 12:59:32 PM

Look at what they have got away with in the past.
The Teflon Party

maddog

Quote from: Taylor on January 14, 2021, 01:19:00 PM
Quote from: maddog on January 14, 2021, 12:59:32 PM

Look at what they have got away with in the past.
The Teflon Party

Think this is their biggest howler though. The others were mainly dodgy financials that weren't that tangilble to most. This could end up being about the fleg itself. The most spectacular OG in their history. Sadly it probably won't shake their core electoral base that much.

Milltown Row2

They will spin this and blame those for voting against brexit, and how they'll will break that border down the  sea and return order to the place!!

Some craic on social media all the same
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

QuoteEdwin Poots  "We are concerned about food supplies to schools"

Claire Hanna "DUP weren't too concerned about meals at schools when they didn't vote on the Free schools meal proposal at Westminster"

restorepride

Quote from: johnnycool on January 13, 2021, 02:32:14 PM
Ian Óg not feeling the love from his Tory mates anymore;

https://twitter.com/i/status/1349351582601773056

Ian óg bocht, phuc a ghluaisrothar.

screenexile

Their and Allister's attempts to try and spin this against the Remain parties who backed the protocol are pathetic and laughable!!

McCausland saying he didn't care what kind of Brexit there was and Sammy Wilson's chippy comment are available on an endless loop for the next election that comes along. I would definitely expect them to get nailed in the polls next time and for the UUP to make some gains.

As doom and gloom as Swann is I think it's there to see that he's putting everything he can into this currently and doing his best in a horrendous situation.

Compare that with Weir who's totally f**king up every call on education and only doing what the UK do and I really do think the DUP will struggle at the next elections!

restorepride

Quote from: screenexile on January 14, 2021, 11:51:14 PM
Their and Allister's attempts to try and spin this against the Remain parties who backed the protocol are pathetic and laughable!!

McCausland saying he didn't care what kind of Brexit there was and Sammy Wilson's chippy comment are available on an endless loop for the next election that comes along. I would definitely expect them to get nailed in the polls next time and for the UUP to make some gains.

As doom and gloom as Swann is I think it's there to see that he's putting everything he can into this currently and doing his best in a horrendous situation.

Compare that with Weir who's totally f**king up every call on education and only doing what the UK do and I really do think the DUP will struggle at the next elections!
Up the Six Towns agus Moneynenna!

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GiveItToTheShooters

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on January 14, 2021, 11:51:14 PM

The Unionists went with Brexit because it was British and it was going to be the dog's bollocks. They didn't look at the tradeoffs.
Now they are backpedalling furiously.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

bennydorano

No, while they always were mild Eurosceptics (like SF) they thought Brexit would solidify the border with the ROI. They repeatedly rejected Theresa May's deal as it left the border situation untouched  and then got shafted by Bojo and got the double whammy of an seamless border with the ROI and a customs border with GB. Karma.

screenexile

Quote from: bennydorano on January 15, 2021, 12:06:52 PM
No, while they always were mild Eurosceptics (like SF) they thought Brexit would solidify the border with the ROI. They repeatedly rejected Theresa May's deal as it left the border situation untouched  and then got shafted by Bojo and got the double whammy of an seamless border with the ROI and a customs border with GB. Karma.

Yeah they took the gamble that it would weaken the North South relationship. Then after the General Election in 2017 they could not have been in a better position when they had the Tories over a barrel. . . they massively overplayed their hand though and it spectacularly backfired.

I would really enjoy what's happening now if it weren't for the fact that I hate Brexit and what it means and the headaches it's causing me in work at the minute!

tbrick18

Quote from: screenexile on January 15, 2021, 12:16:44 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 15, 2021, 12:06:52 PM

Yeah they took the gamble that it would weaken the North South relationship. Then after the General Election in 2017 they could not have been in a better position when they had the Tories over a barrel. . . they massively overplayed their hand though and it spectacularly backfired.

I would really enjoy what's happening now if it weren't for the fact that I hate Brexit and what it means and the headaches it's causing me in work at the minute!

That's it in a nutshell.
Will it hit them at the polls? Depends on how soon the next election is....and the ability of UUP (an maybe alliance in some seats) to capitalise on the DUP shambles.
DUP will, no doubt, once again wave the flag and rhetoric that if they don't get the votes SF will be the biggest party and get the First Minister seat. It will take a lot to sway that band of voters away from the DUP when their traditional voters will be devastated if SF had that figurehead position.