Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saul goodman

any word on who the ref is for cargin-v-glen game

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saul goodman on November 21, 2022, 09:29:01 PM
any word on who the ref is for cargin-v-glen game

Noel Mooney, Cavan
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

So Glenties won the Donegal under-21 A Donegal championship tonight....
Was the change to under age structure not for them...??

JimStynes

What is actually happening next year. Is it u17 or u18 next year?

Milltown Row2

Any county can run a of any age competition surely?

You can have under 6 tournaments under 8's and so on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

Quote from: JimStynes on November 21, 2022, 10:35:52 PM
U15 & u17 will go ahead in 2023.
At Congress in  feb, it is expected to vote on return to u18.
Counties will have option to run additonal year groups.
U 17 or U 18s  will not be permitted to play adult football.

JimStynes

Quote from: delgany on November 21, 2022, 11:10:24 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 21, 2022, 10:35:52 PM
U15 & u17 will go ahead in 2023.
At Congress in  feb, it is expected to vote on return to u18.
Counties will have option to run additonal year groups.
U 17 or U 18s  will not be permitted to play adult football.

So starting from next March or whatever it'll be u17 but with the option of having another u18 league?? Surely that'll not work.

barnish oggie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2022, 10:46:32 PM

Any "tournaments" that are u12 and below technically have to be called by the 0.5 age as they aren't allowed to be competitive under that age group.

I was at a few this year, including a great LGFA one at St Galls, and I asked the question as to why they were all stated as U9.5, U10.5 etc and that was the reason given.

Otherwise the organisers would get in bother from the county.

johnnycool

Quote from: barnish oggie on November 22, 2022, 09:47:03 AM

Any "tournaments" that are u12 and below technically have to be called by the 0.5 age as they aren't allowed to be competitive under that age group.

I was at a few this year, including a great LGFA one at St Galls, and I asked the question as to why they were all stated as U9.5, U10.5 etc and that was the reason given.

You sure about that in Antrim?

I thought they still went with the Calendar year, ie. U10, U9 etc etc?

We in Down do the school year thing, U9.5, U10.5 etc etc, nothing to do with it being competitive or not.

NAG1

Quote from: johnnycool on November 22, 2022, 09:56:42 AM

We in Down do the school year thing, U9.5, U10.5 etc etc, nothing to do with it being competitive or not.

Anything below that goes by their school classes, p6/7 etc

Calendar year is soccer.

barnish oggie

Quote from: johnnycool on November 22, 2022, 09:56:42 AM

Go Games is non competitive so you can't have a competitive tournament that ties in with the official age gradings.

So they have to adjust it by 0.5 to get around it.

At least that was the case for the tournaments I was at.

I think boys adjusted to the rounded age as they were by school year and girls to the 0.5 age as they are still u10 and u12.

Teams from Derry and Dowb would have been the right age for them anyway.

Milltown Row2

That's news to me, but we certainly have age groups playing tournaments with under 8's I've seen them on our social media pages and at the top it says under 8's ... I know our May day tournament is p5 and covers kids in that year group rather the typical GAA calendar.. But Ive defo seen tournaments with those other groups I've mentioned

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2022, 10:50:24 AM

That's news to me, but we certainly have age groups playing tournaments with under 8's I've seen them on our social media pages and at the top it says under 8's ... I know our May day tournament is p5 and covers kids in that year group rather the typical GAA calendar.. But Ive defo seen tournaments with those other groups I've mentioned

We've been invited to a few Belfast tournaments over the summer and they normally U10 or so for I always get asked about the .5's who'd miss out..

Is the Pat Sheehan not U10? Davitts one was the same?

angermanagement

Pat Sheehan was U10 now U11. May Day tournament the same.

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2022, 10:50:24 AM

It looks to me that in the SW the age groups were u7.5, u9.5, U11.5 and so on. In Belfast they work at U8 and 10 level. Two different parts of the county working in different ages. Which ones better suited who knows but surely a joined up approach would be wiser.