Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Offended by bat wardens....in Musgrave ...not offended.

quit yo jibbajabba

Sure ye near wet yerself when ye thought big Glass had dissed yis in his interview 😂😂😂

country bumpkin

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 14, 2022, 07:37:49 PM
Sure ye near wet yerself when ye thought big Glass had dissed yis in his interview 😂😂😂

Just fuel on the fire.....sure you know how is.....Jeez sorry sure you don't.....

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 14, 2022, 07:52:28 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 14, 2022, 07:37:49 PM

Just fuel on the fire.....sure you know how is.....Jeez sorry sure you don't.....

😂😂😂😂

paddyjohn

Plenty of blow ins up around Musgrave, some from big clubs like Mr Brolly, others from small neighbouring clubs.

Caesar

Quote from: Spike on November 14, 2022, 12:48:42 PM
Perhaps highlights the general apathy in Antrim for attending.  we could barely sell out Corrigan for the antrim v cavan championship match earlier in the year.  Cargin from a small rural parish divided 3 ways wasn't going to fill Corrigan.  Don't know if it is a travelling issue for Corrigan or if things would even change if shifted back up the country.  Hard to tell.  Felt like Ahoghill was getting good crowds of neutrals a few years ago.

My geography might be off but I would have thought Cargin had one of the bigger catchment areas from the SW clubs? Granted Creggan are not too far down the road and there is a grey area as to where the club boundaries would be.

JimStynes

Quote from: Caesar on November 15, 2022, 09:43:58 AM
Quote from: Spike on November 14, 2022, 12:48:42 PM
Perhaps highlights the general apathy in Antrim for attending.  we could barely sell out Corrigan for the antrim v cavan championship match earlier in the year.  Cargin from a small rural parish divided 3 ways wasn't going to fill Corrigan.  Don't know if it is a travelling issue for Corrigan or if things would even change if shifted back up the country.  Hard to tell.  Felt like Ahoghill was getting good crowds of neutrals a few years ago.

My geography might be off but I would have thought Cargin had one of the bigger catchment areas from the SW clubs? Granted Creggan are not too far down the road and there is a grey area as to where the club boundaries would be.

Who would have the biggest and smallest catchment areas?

erinsboy

Cargin actually have a very small catchment area.
Newbridge take everything over the bridge.
Moneyglass have everything outside the bypass and a percentage in the village and almost everything past Cargin chapel is Creggan .When it is taken into account the numbers we actually have to work with you then realise how much Cargin actually punch above their weight.
On a similar note when I watched the game again last night I
hadn't noticed while at the game how little support we had there , shockingly bad support for our team which generally is well supported. Not sure what the reason was for that but if Cargin people can't come out and support our team we can't expect neutral and fellow county patrons to attend the game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: erinsboy on November 15, 2022, 10:40:13 AM
Moneyglass have everything outside the bypass and a percentage in the village and almost everything past Cargin chapel is Creggan .When it is taken into account the numbers we actually have to work with you then realise how much Cargin actually punch above their weight.
hadn't noticed while at the game how little support we had there , shockingly bad support for our team which generally is well supported. Not sure what the reason was for that but if Cargin people can't come out and support our team we can't expect neutral and fellow county patrons to attend the game.

To be fair I thought there was a good amount of neutrals there, I was with a few Galls ones there was Portglenones I was talking to and plenty other city supporters there also, mainly over on the grassy bank or the east terrace as its called lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saul goodman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2022, 11:44:50 AM
Quote from: erinsboy on November 15, 2022, 10:40:13 AM

To be fair I thought there was a good amount of neutrals there, I was with a few Galls ones there was Portglenones I was talking to and plenty other city supporters there also, mainly over on the grassy bank or the east terrace as its called lol

Any st brigids ones on the grass bank ?

Rodger Mona

Any word on Aghagallon appointment or any of the other clubs? Think Aghagallon would be an interesting challenge for some1. I presume the majority of management teams are remaining in Div1. McNulty to remain, Douglas, McCabe and Herron all staying on

wolfofwhitehall

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

barnish oggie

Semi final fixed for Omagh.

WTF is the logic behind that??

referee

St galls played Bellaghy in the Ulster final 2005 I think in Omagh,couldn't be much in it either way, Rodger looking a job