Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Quote from: Antrim on November 14, 2022, 10:15:45 AM
Quote from: EOC1923 on November 13, 2022, 11:27:34 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on November 13, 2022, 11:05:05 PM
Quote from: BrendanAntrim on November 13, 2022, 10:47:43 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 13, 2022, 10:30:13 PM
The Cargin men have to be on the windup on here surely.

The bitterness runs deep. Very strange behaviour.
Who's bitter?
I'm pretty pleased, and glad my comment triggered a bit of praise for what was a monumental victory. Thanks to all for the nice comments.

This is the type of stuff that will turn people against you. Yappy bastards.
Stay classy mate

JohnDenver

Mick McCann (Tomas might claim it!) deserves credit for the thought process in playing the 45' short at the end of normal time. If he'd have just lofted it in, the old square ball rule was in play and no Cargin men could have entered the square before the ball. But since he passed it Tomas, who floated it in from play (great pass) this meant that cargin players could enter the square after it had left Tomas' boot. 

I think that's the type of brains and game management that is very hard to coach, and no coincidence they are still at the top of their game in their advancing years.  All very fine margins at that level.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 14, 2022, 10:19:24 AM
Quote from: Antrim on November 14, 2022, 10:15:45 AM
Quote from: EOC1923 on November 13, 2022, 11:27:34 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on November 13, 2022, 11:05:05 PM
Quote from: BrendanAntrim on November 13, 2022, 10:47:43 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 13, 2022, 10:30:13 PM
The Cargin men have to be on the windup on here surely.

The bitterness runs deep. Very strange behaviour.
Who's bitter?
I'm pretty pleased, and glad my comment triggered a bit of praise for what was a monumental victory. Thanks to all for the nice comments.

This is the type of stuff that will turn people against you. Yappy bastards.
Stay classy mate

As an outsider you and your Bumpkin comrade do yer club absolutely no favours #mytuppence

Milltown Row2

Re: Ulster club championship
« Reply #371 on: November 13, 2022, 03:47:10 PM »
QuoteModifyRemove
Cargin win penalty shootout! Brilliant drama

Well done Cargin

This was posted literally straight after the penalty was scored yesterday on the Ulster Club Championship thread.. So there was chat about it very quickly
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: JohnDenver on November 14, 2022, 10:32:39 AM
Mick McCann (Tomas might claim it!) deserves credit for the thought process in playing the 45' short at the end of normal time. If he'd have just lofted it in, the old square ball rule was in play and no Cargin men could have entered the square before the ball. But since he passed it Tomas, who floated it in from play (great pass) this meant that cargin players could enter the square after it had left Tomas' boot. 

I think that's the type of brains and game management that is very hard to coach, and no coincidence they are still at the top of their game in their advancing years.  All very fine margins at that level.

Just saw a video of that - very clever. Also any video I saw yesterday showed McNabb's save on Brick Molloy's penalty but one of his other saves was a lot better.

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 14, 2022, 11:05:22 AM

Re: Ulster club championship
« Reply #371 on: November 13, 2022, 03:47:10 PM »
QuoteModifyRemove
Cargin win penalty shootout! Brilliant drama

Well done Cargin

This was posted literally straight after the penalty was scored yesterday on the Ulster Club Championship thread.. So there was chat about it very quickly
Fair enough

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 14, 2022, 11:06:19 AM
Quote from: JohnDenver on November 14, 2022, 10:32:39 AM

Just saw a video of that - very clever. Also any video I saw yesterday showed McNabb's save on Brick Molloy's penalty but one of his other saves was a lot better.

He was caught out badly for their goal but more than made up for it at the end... Shackles are off push on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Did anyone think there was more Donegal supporters than Antrim?

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 14, 2022, 11:18:24 AM

For right or wrong I dont think Cargin would be bringing out that neutral support that other clubs might bring with them.

The Glen EC match was as close to county level football that you could get from two club teams. Could be a long day for them next time out.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on November 14, 2022, 11:24:08 AM

For right or wrong I dont think Cargin would be bringing out that neutral support that other clubs might bring with them.

The Glen EC match was as close to county level football that you could get from two club teams. Could be a long day for them next time out.

I'm sure if there is one club in Antrim that has the low down on the clubs in south Derry it will be Cargin, RD will have a decent dossier on the Glen and they won't turn up to make up the numbers, at times yesterday Cargin were dead and buried, but like Tyson Fury getting up from the canvas they pulled it  out of the bag.

How do they stop Glen's midfield?  The pairing yesterday won't have the legs for 60 minutes against their 2

imtommygunn

Quote from: NAG1 on November 14, 2022, 11:24:08 AM

I don't think it's that to your first point at all. We don't get huge swathes of support for football at all in the county - Donegal a much bigger football county and I don't know the size of the clubs either. By all accounts Glenties aren't too loved in Donegal so I dunno how much neutral donegal support they'd get.

BrendanAntrim

The Irish News certainly reports that Cargin supporters were heavily outnumbered.

geezer

Great win for Cargin and Antrim football in general. 3rd championship game in a row they have won in ET, some set of stones on them.

Owenbeg for Glen match?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on November 14, 2022, 12:28:26 PM

The Irish News certainly reports that Cargin supporters were heavily outnumbered.

Highland said 4 to 1

Spike

Perhaps highlights the general apathy in Antrim for attending.  we could barely sell out Corrigan for the antrim v cavan championship match earlier in the year.  Cargin from a small rural parish divided 3 ways wasn't going to fill Corrigan.  Don't know if it is a travelling issue for Corrigan or if things would even change if shifted back up the country.  Hard to tell.  Felt like Ahoghill was getting good crowds of neutrals a few years ago.