Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 13, 2022, 10:10:00 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on November 13, 2022, 09:59:53 PM
Is there a more easily offended, thin skinned bunch than the Cargin posters on here ?

The way an 18 year old steps up to the mark to almost casually stroking the ball just inside the post to claim a place in an Ulster semi final was a moment to savour.....says a lot on the direction Cargin intends to travel....
You're right CB

Walter Cronc

Looking like one of the semi finals on a Sat night. Owenbeg all ticket do rightly  8)

JimStynes

The Cargin men have to be on the windup on here surely.

Milltown Row2

I think overall Glenties were the better team for large parts of the game, but if you don't put teams away you are leaving yourself wide open.

No reason now to get to a final.. Glen would have been cautious of Glenties so ya have to be optimistic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saul goodman

What is your opinion MR2 on Paul faloon giving that glen goal - surely a free out?

NatSoSaff

I disagree MR2. Cargin looked the better of the two sides in both normal and extra time. I thought the Naomh Conaill goal directly from the long kick out and flick on in the second half would bury Cargins challenge, but from every set-back they stepped it up another gear each time. They were full value for the win. Side note: Could Andy McEntee not tempt Joh McNabb up to the County? Best keeper about by a mile. Balls on him like a Bengal Tiger.

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: JimStynes on November 13, 2022, 10:30:13 PM

The bitterness runs deep. Very strange behaviour.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saul goodman on November 13, 2022, 10:41:56 PM
What is your opinion MR2 on Paul faloon giving that glen goal - surely a free out?

Didn't see it, I've recorded the game will watch it tomorrow...

On Faloon I think he's very good and you have to earn your free, but I'll view it later
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NatSoSaff on November 13, 2022, 10:46:47 PM
I disagree MR2. Cargin looked the better of the two sides in both normal and extra time. I thought the Naomh Conaill goal directly from the long kick out and flick on in the second half would bury Cargins challenge, but from every set-back they stepped it up another gear each time. They were full value for the win. Side note: Could Andy McEntee not tempt Joh McNabb up to the County? Best keeper about by a mile. Balls on him like a Bengal Tiger.

It's just my view from what I watched, needing those last second efforts to stay in the game obviously shows the mental toughness Cargin have to get over the line, that'll be needed again the next day

Gold

Great result for Cargin, never died and came back  from the dead more times than Lazarus

Despite their grit they only played in fits and starts....if they can throw the shackles off and play with confidence,  driving at Glen they can win. Don't wait to be behind to have a go

Kobo was class, breaking lines, takingthe game to them

Tomas outrageously good

Some of Shivers scores and his fisted equaliser pure class

Delighted for Closey with his scores

Great boost for the County

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Saul goodman

I only saw very brief highlights on Twitter of the game seems most of coverage was at EC V Glen game

EOC1923

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on November 13, 2022, 10:47:43 PM

Who's bitter?

EOC1923

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 13, 2022, 11:05:05 PM
Quote from: BrendanAntrim on November 13, 2022, 10:47:43 PM

Who's bitter?
I'm pretty pleased, and glad my comment triggered a bit of praise for what was a monumental victory. Thanks to all for the nice comments.

ClubScene13

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 13, 2022, 09:54:05 PM
Says it all on here when there's about as much talk about a team winning an underage title in Antrim yesterday as there is for team fighting Antrims corner in Ulster and taking down the Donegal club champions and securing Antrims first win in the Ulster Club in 10 or so years. 🤔

What a character

Saffsof82

Brilliant result for Cargin, how many times have they looked dead and buried this season only to come back and win. Fair play to all involved.