Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: Sportacus on November 12, 2022, 10:30:59 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on November 12, 2022, 09:56:44 PM
Well down to St Brigids today. A very strong second half
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that U15, Minor and U20 champions - impressive.

Yes that is correct, great game yesterday, Moneyglass a strong team too .

BrendanAntrim

Well done Cargin, some nerve to come back at the death twice and win on penalties

JimStynes

Fair played to Cargin! They're never bate. Some leaders in that team and a lot of the young fellas are showing the same leadership qualities as the aul fellas!
Commiserations to Moneyglass ladies. That's a great side they faced today.

Watching this glen and errigal match here. Some serious footballers playing. High level stuff!

JimStynes

Quote from: JimStynes on October 21, 2022, 02:35:39 PM
Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on October 21, 2022, 02:17:41 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on October 21, 2022, 01:38:33 PM
Quote from: Spike on October 21, 2022, 12:27:41 PM

So leave the county Senior Champions with 1 player in the forward line and Aghagallon with 3?  Not sure about that one

No because my point is that the senior championship would have their own players. Cargin, Aghagallon, Creggan, PG1 etc would all have more chance as they wouldn't be up against junior and intermediate players well.

And Paul McCann is a good player but I wouldn't pick him over Adam Loughran. I'd have other Cargin players in before Paul.

I'd have Paul over every mccann brother
The work he does is unseen yet phenomenal for Cargin him and Big Stork two vital cogs in a well oiled machine

Good player surely. But I know when the game is in the balance I'd want Tomas on the ball!

I thought Tomas was good when it mattered today!

country bumpkin

Did anybody see Conor Glass post match interview?

Apparently said he doesn't know which team from Antrim the will meet saying teams from that county are never tough opponents...

Hope he did.....

Saul goodman

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 13, 2022, 05:25:13 PM

Apparently said he doesn't know which team from Antrim the will meet saying teams from that county are never tough opponents...

Hope he did.....

I think he mixed up his words I think he meant to say it will always be a tough opponent whoever comes out of antrim and then went on about his ma being a saffron woman. Any ideas where cargin v glen would take place ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saul goodman on November 13, 2022, 05:33:23 PM

Hope he did.....

I think he mixed up his words I think he meant to say it will always be a tough opponent whoever comes out of antrim and then went on about his ma being a saffron woman. Any ideas where cargin v glen would take place ?

Seen interview didn't read anything in it either
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Yeah that was my take on it. He said never but I don't think he meant to.

bannside

His Mums from Loughgiel, may have mixed words up a little but no slight meant. He's too well grounded for that!

Cargin gave county a lift today, a win in Ulster is always well earned but today was a dog fight of epic proportions. Creggan and Aghagallon both took Cargin to the same well, so bodes ok for standard of Antrim football at present.
Well done Cargin.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Saul goodman on November 13, 2022, 05:33:23 PM

Hope he did.....

Probably armagh but omagh would be handier
If it was the older days where club grounds were used they could toss for it and play it in bellagy or Portglenone
Not a great day out for the fans though
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Spike

I thought Tomas was good when it mattered today!
[/quote]

You're not wrong.   Good lift for the county that.  Talk about going to the well.   Great heart in that Cargin team.

EOC1923

Says it all on here when there's about as much talk about a team winning an underage title in Antrim yesterday as there is for team fighting Antrims corner in Ulster and taking down the Donegal club champions and securing Antrims first win in the Ulster Club in 10 or so years. 🤔

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 13, 2022, 09:54:05 PM
Says it all on here when there's about as much talk about a team winning an underage title in Antrim yesterday as there is for team fighting Antrims corner in Ulster and taking down the Donegal club champions and securing Antrims first win in the Ulster Club in 10 or so years. 🤔

Was chat on the Ulster thread about it too
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Is there a more easily offended, thin skinned bunch than the Cargin posters on here ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

country bumpkin

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 13, 2022, 09:59:53 PM
Is there a more easily offended, thin skinned bunch than the Cargin posters on here ?

The way an 18 year old steps up to the mark to almost casually stroking the ball just inside the post to claim a place in an Ulster semi final was a moment to savour.....says a lot on the direction Cargin intends to travel....