Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 09, 2022, 04:24:12 PM
Double header at Dunsilly tomorrow... You see, they listen ;)

There's one on Saturday aswell !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 09, 2022, 06:59:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 09, 2022, 04:24:12 PM
Double header at Dunsilly tomorrow... You see, they listen ;)

There's one on Saturday aswell !

Aye Saturday I mean  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Tony Convery new Antrim minor manager, to be assisted by Shane Quinn and Laurence Higgins. Best of luck lads.

Belfast GAA man

Is there no body in aghagallon who can manage a team ?

JimStynes

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 09, 2022, 08:38:00 PM

All the best candidates are with underage teams

imtommygunn

Quote from: bannside on November 09, 2022, 08:35:14 PM
Tony Convery new Antrim minor manager, to be assisted by Shane Quinn and Laurence Higgins. Best of luck lads.

Bs has he much past managing? (Not a slight if he doesn't as I know of him for years playing against him and suspect he'll be very good.)

Saul goodman

Quote from: JimStynes on November 09, 2022, 08:55:17 PM

You not throwing your hat into the ring Jim?

JimStynes

Quote from: Saul goodman on November 09, 2022, 09:21:54 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 09, 2022, 08:55:17 PM

You not throwing your hat into the ring Jim?

Looking for the big job! U6s

EOC1923

Good luck Tony, great fella hope it all goes well!!

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 09, 2022, 09:56:20 PM
Good luck Tony, great fella hope it all goes well!!

Yep, agree with that.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Saffsof82

u20 B final Creggan v Sarsfields Creggan
U20 A final St Bridgids v Moneyglass   St Brigids
IFC  Cuchullains v An Clochan Liath  Cuchullains
SFC  Cargin v Naomh Conaill   Cargin

Think a full strength Dunloy are a formidable Intermediate team, i hope Cargin can get a result, i havent seen the Donegal men at all but talking to a few lads who have seen them this season they reckon the Toome lads are in with a good shout.

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: Saffsof82 on November 09, 2022, 05:46:43 PM
I must have been at a different meeting because the motion I heard put to the floor and which was passed by the majority in the room was to decouple at 18 ie. Players in last year of minor Cannot play in adult competitions

The Antrim club delegates voted to change the age groups to U12, U14, U16, U18.

The debate then moved to the decoupling issue which prevented minor players playing senior which affects the playing pool of smaller clubs with reduced populations.

The compromise was to permit players in their second year of minor to be allowed to play senior hurling for their club. This was passed by the club delegates to be voted on at Congress, with the motion possibly to be proposed by the Antrim delegation.

Saffsof82

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on November 10, 2022, 11:11:30 AM
I must have been at a different meeting because the motion I heard put to the floor and which was passed by the majority in the room was to decouple at 18 ie. Players in last year of minor Cannot play in adult competitions

The debate then moved to the decoupling issue which prevented minor players playing senior which affects the playing pool of smaller clubs with reduced populations.

The compromise was to permit players in their second year of minor to be allowed to play senior hurling for their club. This was passed by the club delegates to be voted on at Congress, with the motion possibly to be proposed by the Antrim delegation.

The chair asked the room to vote on decoupling at 18 and the majority of the room stuck their hands up, never put to the room to decouple at 17, man beside me was looking to decouple at 17 and was talking to me after about his club would now struggle if this motion was implemented as they badly needed lads in last year minor to field!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffsof82 on November 10, 2022, 11:47:29 AM

The chair asked the room to vote on decoupling at 18 and the majority of the room stuck their hands up, never put to the room to decouple at 17, man beside me was looking to decouple at 17 and was talking to me after about his club would now struggle if this motion was implemented as they badly needed lads in last year minor to field!

Not every club is going to get what it needs, and while is was 'ok' back in the day the if a scrawny 17 year old lad came up against Gerard McCann for a 50/50 ball at pace it won't be pretty
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: Saffsof82 on November 10, 2022, 11:47:29 AM

The wording was 'decouple for the first year of minor'