Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 28, 2022, 02:24:22 PM
Who me? I never mentioned underage at all.

Sorry bout that it was reply to M S......k

barnish oggie

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 28, 2022, 11:21:16 AM
Quote from: MajorShields26 on September 28, 2022, 10:55:30 AM
Will winners of Antrim SFC finally be able to make an impact on ulster and all Ireland series? If go out early again, underage coaching in clubs will have to come under scrutiny with inability to produce top players to play for clubs.

Here is an alternative take on that. Watching Cargin Creggan on saturday I don't believe our teams are "game savvy" enough and when it comes to ulster then the opposition are. If you watch analysis of the big counties etc you will see tactical fouling very far up the field. That did not happen on either side for me. I like not seeing it don't get me wrong but if you're in a close match with a team that does that then you will lose.

If PG1 had made a tactical foul at the end they would be in the final.....

imtommygunn

The same could be said about Creggan. They should have been fouling Cargin when they were in their FB line and slowing every attack down as much as possible.

EOC1923

A game is played over 60mins lads.
Not unnoticed from Saturday night was the unsporting nature of the Creggan manager, seems to have got carried away with his one win last year. Never appeared to shake any opposition players or managers hands after the game. Instead chose to look for the referee in the car park afterwards. The rest of their management and players more than gracious in defeat.

Lár na páirce 1

Can't speak for them but I'm sure Ronan Fabian and KD aren't too worried about shaking hands with GMcN from what I seen from the hill he acted a maggot start to finish.

country bumpkin

Quote from: EOC1923 on September 28, 2022, 04:17:06 PM
A game is played over 60mins lads.
Not unnoticed from Saturday night was the unsporting nature of the Creggan manager, seems to have got carried away with his one win last year. Never appeared to shake any opposition players or managers hands after the game. Instead chose to look for the referee in the car park afterwards. The rest of their management and players more than gracious in defeat.

Wonder will G Mc C who is inn The employment of the county be called to answer for his antics.....?
Perhaps not ........

Would ye whist

Always those with the dirtiest hands looking another man hung

country bumpkin

Quote from: Would ye whist on September 28, 2022, 04:57:18 PM
Always those with the dirtiest hands looking another man hung
So one who would hide in the green and white emerges ......

Saul goodman

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on September 28, 2022, 07:37:35 AM
Quote from: wolfofwhitehall on September 27, 2022, 10:22:20 PM
Hearing the ref for senior county final gonna be conall roberts st johns

If this is accurate I am sure he will do a good job

Hopefully- he is a young ref and a county final is a big step up for any young whistler

Lár na páirce 1

If he's anything like his uncle Jim he'll be well fit for it, good luck to the young man.

Milltown Row2

Appointments have been made official on the Antrim Webpage, I distance myself from the thread every year at Championship as you wouldn't believe how paranoid people get when discussing games, so easier to step away.

Would like to congratulate Conall on his appointment he'll be more than capable of covering the game and well assisted with those by his side.

Also well done to the 2 new posters who just registered to give the name of the referee, must have been exciting to get the news out ;D

Oh where do I start? CB oh dear, lets hope its not true  ;D

Spike I've only one username here and not banned from speaking, lets see how those teams fair, Kilmacuds have one player that does both btw, others have 2 or 3 none more that 5 or 6 S'niel is the exception and an exceptional group at that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lár na páirce 1

Cargin were hoping for MR2 but unfortunately it wasn't to be 😂

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 29, 2022, 12:47:22 PM
Appointments have been made official on the Antrim Webpage, I distance myself from the thread every year at Championship as you wouldn't believe how paranoid people get when discussing games, so easier to step away.

Would like to congratulate Conall on his appointment he'll be more than capable of covering the game and well assisted with those by his side.

Also well done to the 2 new posters who just registered to give the name of the referee, must have been exciting to get the news out ;D

Oh where do I start? CB oh dear, lets hope its not true  ;D

Spike I've only one username here and not banned from speaking, lets see how those teams fair, Kilmacuds have one player that does both btw, others have 2 or 3 none more that 5 or 6 S'niel is the exception and an exceptional group at that
Bizarre that one surely

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on September 29, 2022, 01:16:09 PM
Cargin were hoping for MR2 but unfortunately it wasn't to be 😂

These things happen, always next year  ;D

I'm their good luck charm, they have only lost one game with me  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

How many alts do you have now MR2?