Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on November 16, 2022, 09:23:56 PM
Cargin v Glen is live on TG4, be good to get watch it in full broadcast quality.

Even better to be there .......

Saul goodman

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 16, 2022, 10:17:53 PM
Quote from: BrendanAntrim on November 16, 2022, 09:23:56 PM
Cargin v Glen is live on TG4, be good to get watch it in full broadcast quality.

Even better to be there .......

As long as it isn't at Musgrave - you are allowed past the 45 when you watch it in the living room

country bumpkin

Anybody know why the Antrim refs minder should be stationed on the pitch all miked
up in an 'Ulster' club championship game......?

Tyrdub

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 17, 2022, 01:27:22 PM
Anybody know why the Antrim refs minder should be stationed on the pitch all miked

Can I ask how it affects you? Or is it just nosiness?

Milltown Row2

Not all ref's have communication systems, now if you'd prefer the ref's to not have that then brill, if you'd prefer not to have a fourth official with a board informing the supporters on subs and minutes left then fine..

If you think these things just turn up on their own then I can't help you. At every inter county game or Ulster club senior  there is another 'official' who organises things, with your years of following teams I'd have assumed you'd know that bit at least.

I've done fourth official up in Owenbeg before and there was a lad who did all that

If you are a bit bitter about things then I can understand that too
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Tyrdub on November 17, 2022, 01:28:18 PM

Can I ask how it affects you? Or is it just nosiness?

Just being nosey.....no Antrim ref available..?

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 17, 2022, 01:46:07 PM

Not all ref's have communication systems, now if you'd prefer the ref's to not have that then brill, if you'd prefer not to have a fourth official with a board informing the supporters on subs and minutes left then fine..

If you think these things just turn up on their own then I can't help you. At every inter county game or Ulster club senior  there is another 'official' who organises things, with your years of following teams I'd have assumed you'd know that bit at least.

I've done fourth official up in Owenbeg before and there was a lad who did all that

Key word in your lengthy reply is 'Ref'....thus the query....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 17, 2022, 03:46:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 17, 2022, 01:46:07 PM

Key word in your lengthy reply is 'Ref'....thus the query....

So the reply/answer doesn't suit your agenda?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Here we go again...

So much for the truce

Belfast GAA man

Cargin Creggan ports moneyglass and South west flying and south belfast flying
Should Gaelfast concentrate on west belfast? What do you all think?

Belfast GAA man

Well down cargin and st brigids

Spike

For once we could have the situation where a lot of rival SW clubs secretly want a Cargin win over Glen.  To have that smug feeling over their former Maghera and Magherafelt Alumni after years of looking down their noses should not be underestimated.

Caesar

Quote from: Spike on November 18, 2022, 10:34:55 AM
For once we could have the situation where a lot of rival SW clubs secretly want a Cargin win over Glen.  To have that smug feeling over their former Maghera and Magherafelt Alumni after years of looking down their noses should not be underestimated.

I would like to think Antrim Gaels from all clubs will be supporting Cargin in Ulster regardless of the opposition, but agree the opportunity to take our nearest neighbours down a peg or two makes it that wee bit easier to get behind the Toome men.

bannside

Glen are a bit of a well oiled machine,  multiple St Paul's minor and Creggan under 21 Ulster titles before they appointed Malachy O Rourke and his entire proven backroom team to lead them to a first John Mc Laughlin Cup before retaining it with ease in year two.

Cargin deservedly won another Antrim club championship, showing great resilience to come out on top after extra time in the semi final and final itself. Should they deliver a competitive performance against Glen it will be a massive filip to the teams in Antrim who gave Cargin a great run for their money and be a great incentive for the following pack to do what they can to find the extra % needed to close the gap.

Really looking forward to this one and expect Cargin to beat the handicap odds of even money plus an 8 point start.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Caesar on November 18, 2022, 10:58:14 AM
Quote from: Spike on November 18, 2022, 10:34:55 AM

I would like to think Antrim Gaels from all clubs will be supporting Cargin in Ulster regardless of the opposition, but agree the opportunity to take our nearest neighbours down a peg or two makes it that wee bit easier to get behind the Toome men.

You'd think that but as I said here last year there was a lad from Cargin going bananas in Corrigan when the Lurgan side scored the goal.. And the same folk on here were saying that was normal, I don't see it as being any different now, whereas us Belfast ones were cheering on Cargin and Creggan