Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Was that Cargin's first win in Ulster?

country bumpkin

Quote from: Christmas Lights on November 14, 2022, 01:19:42 PM
Was that Cargin's first win in Ulster?

Nope, beat Carrickmore at Casement 1999 and only lost by a couple of points to Cross at Clones in semi final. They went on to win All Ireland Club that year.....

Pjoe

Quote from: Spike on November 14, 2022, 12:48:42 PM
Perhaps highlights the general apathy in Antrim for attending.  we could barely sell out Corrigan for the antrim v cavan championship match earlier in the year.  Cargin from a small rural parish divided 3 ways wasn't going to fill Corrigan.  Don't know if it is a travelling issue for Corrigan or if things would even change if shifted back up the country.  Hard to tell.  Felt like Ahoghill was getting good crowds of neutrals a few years ago.

Corrigan is literally 35/40 minutes on the motorway from Toome. It takes almost as long to get from one side of Belfast to the other. Jeez I doubt Cargin supporters would be put off by a short drive up the motorway 

EOC1923

Quote from: Pjoe on November 14, 2022, 03:43:07 PM
Perhaps highlights the general apathy in Antrim for attending.  we could barely sell out Corrigan for the antrim v cavan championship match earlier in the year.  Cargin from a small rural parish divided 3 ways wasn't going to fill Corrigan.  Don't know if it is a travelling issue for Corrigan or if things would even change if shifted back up the country.  Hard to tell.  Felt like Ahoghill was getting good crowds of neutrals a few years ago.

Corrigan is literally 35/40 minutes on the motorway from Toome. It takes almost as long to get from one side of Belfast to the other. Jeez I doubt Cargin supporters would be put off by a short drive up the motorway
Id imagine he means other Antrim gaels not Cargin supporters, but then you know this.

9 of your last 12 posts are about Cargin Pjoe, and not many of them are very nice.

Saul goodman

Any St Brids stewards working at Corrigan at the weekend?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saul goodman on November 14, 2022, 04:04:22 PM

Aye, they forced me up to the viewing gallery  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saul goodman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 14, 2022, 04:10:31 PM
Quote from: Saul goodman on November 14, 2022, 04:04:22 PM

Aye, they forced me up to the viewing gallery  ;)

Nothing but the best MR2

Spike

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 14, 2022, 04:01:14 PM

Id imagine he means other Antrim gaels not Cargin supporters, but then you know this.

9 of your last 12 posts are about Cargin Pjoe, and not many of them are very nice.

Yes i thought that was obvious but perhaps not.  If everyone in Duneane Parish turned up it wouldn't fill Corrigan.

Saul goodman

Cargin are 7/1 to beat Glen with Boylesport there surely a bit of an insult to the Toome men EOC?

Pjoe

Ok for the record. I was at Corrigan Sunday supporting Cargin. Great performance to dig out a win as not many teams in Antrim have progressed past the first round. Fair play and hopefully they progress and overcome Glen.

I'll fully support all Antrim clubs in Ulster/all Ireland campaigns and not stoop to calling any club "a shower", in any context.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Pjoe on November 14, 2022, 04:52:36 PM

Ok for the record. I was at Corrigan Sunday supporting Cargin. Great performance to dig out a win as not many teams in Antrim have progressed past the first round. Fair play and hopefully they progress and overcome Glen.

I'll fully support all Antrim clubs in Ulster/all Ireland campaigns and not stoop to calling any club "a shower", in any context.

See St Brigid's 'blow in' Brolly taking to Twitter anticipating a great Ulster Final.....Glen v Kilcoo....
Wonder does he reflect the opinion of the Musgrave inhabitants..?

Spike

Would imagine RD will be working on Glen's weak points than worrying about Joe Brolly.   Every team has a few, its just finding them

Pjoe

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 14, 2022, 04:58:36 PM

See St Brigid's 'blow in' Brolly taking to Twitter anticipating a great Ulster Final.....Glen v Kilcoo....

I think the only inhabitants in Musgrave are wild bats, a protected species I believe. You should maybe talk to them about it, a sensible conversation it would be no doubt  ;)

Saul goodman

Is there an u20 ulster competition anymore ?

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 14, 2022, 04:58:36 PM

Bumpkin tryin v hard to get offended by someone. Keep goin chap youll get there yet