Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Longford

Jesus Billy don't ya know the manager of the month award is a curse.
It'll be all your fault Billy!!!

Billys Boots

It usually is NL (all my fault), it usually is.  Good luck on Sunday week.   ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

LaurelEye

Quote from: North Longford on November 02, 2009, 05:21:28 PM

Surely beating the Swampies deserves more than a mere manager of the month award?
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

Quote from: LaurelEye on November 03, 2009, 12:23:38 PM
Quote from: North Longford on November 02, 2009, 05:21:28 PM

Surely beating the Swampies deserves more than a mere manager of the month award?

That's what I thought Laureleye; NL must be from the Micko school of thought.  ;)

North Longford

Ara yera begora not at all.
Sure we're happy enough now. Never be fit for Abbey. Be good to compare ourselves against them anyway to see where we can improve. Nice if we keep the score down in the first half. Keep the crowd in for the second half.
Who's this Micko fella anyway.....?

Billys Boots

Shamrock Shore

Big announcement at the County Board meeting last night as land has been bought out near Killashee for a new centre of excellence.

No idea of the cost but I am sure more details to follow.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 10, 2009, 12:59:48 PM
Big announcement at the County Board meeting last night as land has been bought out near Killashee for a new centre of excellence.

Is this the first time that the words "excellence" and "Killashee" have featured in the same sentence?

QuoteNo idea of the cost but I am sure more details to follow.

There are a couple of half-abandoned estates from Magan's (ex-Willie Donlon's) on up towards the chapel (God bless Longford County Council's "planning" skills). Is this a special deal from Nama?
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

QuoteBig announcement at the County Board meeting last night as land has been bought out near Killashee for a new centre of excellence.

That'll be the swamp under the hump-backed bridge.  ::)

Shamrock Shore

I think it's more Kayna than Killashee.

Crayonsite says Kayna and who I am to disagree?

LaurelEye

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 11, 2009, 01:21:27 PM
I think it's more Kayna than Killashee.

Crayonsite says Kayna and who I am to disagree?

Is this the first time that the words "excellence" and "Killashee" "Kayna" have featured in the same sentence?

350K worth of excellence, I believe - 41 acres in total.

At least there are enough county board members on the County Council now for rezoning to be a formality - if in doubt, they could always seek advice from their party colleague and ex-Senior Championship sponsor.

Billys Boots

Good luck to Colmcille and NL on Sunday!

Shamrock Shore

Billys Boots

LaurelEye

Team of the Championship 2009:

Damian Sheridan (Dromard); Anthony Corcoran (Clonguish), Cathal Conefrey (Dromard), Brendan Burke (Clonguish); Dermot Brady (Longford Slashers), Enda Williams (Clonguish), Justin Nally (Ballymahon); Diarmuid Masterson (Dromard), David Barden (Clonguish); Padraig Berry (Abbeylara), Paul Barden (Clonguish), Francis McGee (Dromard); Ciaran Williams (Clonguish), Paddy Dowd (Clonguish), Mark Connor (Ballymahon).

Senior player of the year nominees: David Barden, Enda Williams, Mark Connor.

Intermediate player of the year nominees: Kieran Mulvihill (Cashel), Kevin Moran (Carrickedmond), Ger Dennigan (Cashel).

Junior player of the year nominees: Philip Quinn (Forgney), Ollie Rogers (Carrickedmond), Conor Keegan (Forgney).

Ladies' player of the year nominees: Mairead Moore (Clonguish), Alison Smyth (Rathcline), Michelle Hannify-Mulvey (Carrickedmond).

Hurler of the year nominees: Sean Browne (Mostrim), Joe O'Brien (Clonguish), Seamus Hannon (Mostrim).

In other news, Brendan Gilmore will contest the Chairmanship against Pat Cahill, with a lot of reshuffling of other positions due to term limits, and Mullinalaghta will stay Senior for next year with Carrickedmond moving up - despite losing the Intermediate final - to bring the number of senior teams to sixteen.