Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

I know it was TG4's error - I was almost confused as well but I knew where thing were heading so I ignored it.

Bad spelling in the official program is unforgivable in my book. Indeed it was raised at last night's county board meeting by someone pissed off at the errors throughout. Another fellow was described as a 'carpetner'

Reminds me of the days of the All Irelands in the 70s where tonnes of culchies unwittingly bought the unoffical 'official' program with wrong teams, wrong ref, wrong everything, produced by Dubs with backstreet printing presses.

Glory days!

Billys Boots

It's not called Crayonland for nothing.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

Crayonland or not it is not on to have clowns in charge of things like county final programs and access to rants on official websites.

Perhaps Payter will bring in a new way of doing things!

magpie seanie

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 16, 2009, 09:41:17 AM
Crayonland or not it is not on to have clowns in charge of things like county final programs and access to rants on official websites.

Perhaps Payter will bring in a new way of doing things!

Maybe we could have the anti-McNamee awards for worst county final programme. Sort of like the Razzies to the Oscars. Worst local paper article, worst national paper article, worst tv programme, worst radio commentary - jaysus, there's some scope here!!!!

Shamrock Shore

Finally we could win some National title again.

I'm all for it.

Shamrock Shore

Clonguish to win the replay this Sunday.

Longford reps playing Wexford champions in Leinster. I assume that will be one day out!

Billys Boots

And so it came to pass.  Congrats Clonguish.

The Forfeit Point

Congratulations Clonguish, must be said though that it was a terrible final.
Based on that performance I can't see Clonguish progressing far in Leinster. I hope I'm wrong, it would be great to see a Longford team do well in competition.

How did the Longford teams fare at the Kilmacud Crokes 7s?

Shamrock Shore

Colmcille did ok - won two lost one. Beat Crossmaglen 'B' but didnt get out of group.
Abbey won one, drew one, lost one
Killoe - no idea.

LaurelEye

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on October 04, 2009, 12:13:56 AM
Congratulations Clonguish, must be said though that it was a terrible final.
Based on that performance I can't see Clonguish progressing far in Leinster.

I thought their best performance was in the match against Killoe (who were unlucky to lose both to them and to Dromard).
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

LaurelEye

Leader Cup Quarter-Finals

Abbeylara vs Granard (Thurs, 8pm)
Clonguish vs Mullinalaghta (Fri, 8pm)
Ballymahon vs Colmcille (Sun, 2pm)
Dromard vs Drumlish (Sun, 2pm)
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

LaurelEye

Congrats to Mostrim on winning the Senior Hurling title with an 8-point win over Clonguish in Pearse Park.

I'm sure the bonfires are lit outside The Park House even as we type.

Shamrock Shore

We'll celebrate long into the night  :-\

Billys Boots

Quote from: LaurelEye on October 11, 2009, 04:21:43 PM
Leader Cup Quarter-Finals

Abbeylara vs Granard (Thurs, 8pm)
Clonguish vs Mullinalaghta (Fri, 8pm)
Ballymahon vs Colmcille (Sun, 2pm)
Dromard vs Drumlish (Sun, 2pm)

Well, the final will be between Colmcille and Abbeylara, apparently on Sunday 15th.

Congrats to North Longford, must be in for Gaaboard Manager of the Month award.   ;)

Shamrock Shore

He/She has my vote.

Mostrim hurlers (aka Wolfe Tones) got a trimming yesterday in the Leinster junior (or was it intermediate) championship.

The only way is up!