Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurelEye

North Longford looking well in the News...  ;D
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

North Longford

QuoteNorth Longford looking well in the News... 
Its quite scenic alright!!!

Longfordian

good win at the weekend Laurel ! .... away too ! ... good start ...... good preparation for our visit in two weeks  ;).... our div 5 team there this weekend too ...!!

we owned the ball for vast periods of first half ...didnt convert chances ..... lost out to scrappy goal in closing stages of 2nd half ....

LaurelEye

Quote from: Longfordian on March 02, 2009, 08:57:10 AM
good win at the weekend Laurel ! .... away too ! ... good start ...... good preparation for our visit in two weeks  ;).... our div 5 team there this weekend too ...!!

we owned the ball for vast periods of first half ...didnt convert chances ..... lost out to scrappy goal in closing stages of 2nd half ....

Good win for us maintaining our 100% league record against Clonguish ;) - and a certain Clonguish ex-county player threw his rattle out of the pram at the end telling us c***ts to go back where we came from - which we were happy to do :D - but we won't have the two county men for the match in two weeks' time so I'd expect us to be weaker.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

Quotea certain Clonguish ex-county player threw his rattle out of the pram

Is that player's older (not oldest) brother kicking a ball these days?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

I hear the younger rattle thrower's elder brother will be back for the Roscommon match.

Good win for the Mullinyartas to be sure. I would say the Clonguishes had that down for a certain win  ;D

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 02, 2009, 12:56:31 PM
Quotea certain Clonguish ex-county player threw his rattle out of the pram

Is that player's older (not oldest) brother kicking a ball these days?

All three of them were kicking a ball on Friday night.

Quote from: Shamrock ShoreGood win for the Mullinyartas to be sure. I would say the Clonguishes had that down for a certain win :D

They had it down for a certain win back in 2006 as well :)

North Longford

The county champions got off to a poor enough start on Saturday. Beaten 1-13 to 0-10. Missing a good few lads tho for different reasons and I think they are only trainin about 3 weeks so wouldn't be too dispondent. Reckon Abbey had a stronger team out than they had in the championship last year. Big Niall back at full forward scored a good goal and point but his man won a good bit of ball off him too. Kevin Smith back adds a good bit to them too. They seemed very fit fo this time of the year but our lads reckoned they would have had a lot of the team training with county seniors and U21's which might explain it..
1st half killed our lads. Ended up about 5 or 6 points behind after playing with wind but a least upped the effort for a while in the second half. Got it back to a goal and then completely ran out of steam.

LaurelEye

Very quiet on here ahead of the big local derby on Sunday - have Colmcille been refreshed by their visit to warmer climes?

Has Longfordian shaved off his beard yet?

Will the county be playing Division 4 football next year? (Probably.)

Will I regret posting this? (Possibly.)

Shamrock Shore

I see the Longford panel are off to Toulouse in a few week's time for some well earned r&r  :-\

Hopefully they don't come back 'toulouse' to Wickla.

Boom Boom

Shamrock Shore

Congrats to Mullinyachta in beating the County Champions.

Bragging rights for a while inanyways.

Billys Boots

Good result Laureleye, and congrats to the half parish.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

LaurelEye

Thanks lads  :)

To be fair, Colmcille were missing Little Dec through suspension and the biggest lad of the Farrells only came on half way through the second half. Also, I'm not sure what the implications will be for the corresponding game in the championship. But it was a dogged performance on our part, particularly in defence for the last 10 or 15 minutes.

To quote someone on Hogans****,

QuoteMullinaghta not as bad a team as people think.

;D

Longfordian

He has Laurel ...along with his head ! ... 12 of us at work did it in aid of Crumlin Childrens Hospital ! ...not the best look in fairness ..although the current look isnt much better .. increasing told i look like the auld fella !

yeah ..great run by yourselves Laurel ...good to see ! ....our leauge campaign has gone from bad to worse ...beaten by Slashers with last kick of the game ! ..... havent had a look in this year myself ... maybe I should take the hint  ;)

yep ..looks like we're destined for the basement ... Ryan has a lot to answer for his fool-hardy approach to some of our more established players at the beginning of the year ...

LaurelEye

Quote from: Longfordian on April 06, 2009, 10:55:27 AM
He has Laurel ...along with his head ! ... 12 of us at work did it in aid of Crumlin Childrens Hospital ! ...not the best look in fairness ..although the current look isnt much better .. increasing told i look like the auld fella !

yeah ..great run by yourselves Laurel ...good to see ! ....our leauge campaign has gone from bad to worse ...beaten by Slashers with last kick of the game ! ..... havent had a look in this year myself ... maybe I should take the hint  ;)

Sure you might get a chance to prove yourself in the Division 5 match a'Frida in Derrycassan. At least there's no relegation.

Quoteyep ..looks like we're destined for the basement ... Ryan has a lot to answer for his fool-hardy approach to some of our more established players at the beginning of the year ...

Dunno - we'll see. I can think of more useful things to be spending €15K on in the current climate - 450 Mullinalaghta Prize Draw tickets for one :D