Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

fair few Cavan lads there,mostly Gowna and Arva lads from what i seen :P
i expected a bigger crowd,but i suppose with you lads mising so many players, and us, well being shite,alot of people stayed away.

Billys Boots

I was only a few hundred yards away yesterday, but couldn't get over to the match.  I was told that Noel Farrell was MOTM, by a country mile - funny that he hasn't had a mention so far.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 02, 2009, 09:05:06 AM
I was only a few hundred yards away yesterday, but couldn't get over to the match.  I was told that Noel Farrell was MOTM, by a country mile - funny that he hasn't had a mention so far.

From Another Place:

QuoteNational League Vs Cavan
that was a fantastic win and i admit i didnt think we had a hope in hell but credit where it is due! bull, williams, noel farrell and berry were exceptional. hopefully they can drive it on and when the others come back, who knows!!
dromardabu , 02/02/2009 at 00:27

The source of the praise should cheer you up no end :)
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

North Longford

Unbelieveably didn't get to the game yesterday even tho I was ready to go at 12 but its a long short story as to why I didn go but it was my own doing on Saturday night. Thought when you woke up and weren't too bad that you'd get better as the day goes on rather than very worse!!!
Anyway ended up listening to the game in Cavan town on Northern sound. When I heard the team announced I thought God help us, but fair play they really stuck at it. I still think they are going to have to get a few of the regulars back to avoid a relagation battle. Yesterday was a bonus.
Northern Sound went to the Monaghan game with the score 3-05 to 0-12 with  about 5 to go and went back just at the full time whistle. I was expecting the worst but when the flake read the score I tried really hard to show empathy with my inlaws having told them it was the worst Longford team I had ever seen put out (was getting the excuses in) but I mustn't have suceeded..........the wife says to me. What the f*&k is the stupid grin about. Shur ya couldn't blame me!!!

LaurelEye

Junior Championship

Group 1: Forgney, Dromard, Cashel, Carrickedmond, Ballymore.
Group 2: Rathcline, Killoe, Seán Connollys, Ardagh.
Group 3: Clonguish, Fr Manning Gaels, Kenagh, Killashee.
Group 4: Colmcille, Ballymahon, Mullinalaghta, Moydow.

Intermediate Championship

Group 1: Killashee, Grattans, Fr Manning Gaels, Killoe, Granard.  
Group 2: Kenagh, Legan, Clonguish, Abbeylara.
Group 3: Shroid, Cashel, Colmcille, Longford Slashers.
Group 4: Carrickedmond, Ballymore, Dromard, Mostrim.

Senior Championship

Group 1: Longford Slashers, Fr Manning Gaels, Rathcline, Ballymahon.
Group 2: Abbeylara, Seán Connollys, Ardagh, Mostrim.
Group 3: Killoe, Granard, Clonguish.
Group 4: Colmcille, Dromard, Mullinalaghta.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

LaurelEye

Owenmoresider

The Forfeit Point

Quote from: LaurelEye on February 09, 2009, 09:20:35 PM
Junior Championship

Senior Championship

Group 1: Longford Slashers, Fr Manning Gaels, Rathcline, Ballymahon.
Group 2: Abbeylara, Seán Connollys, Ardagh, Mostrim.
Group 3: Killoe, Granard, Clonguish.
Group 4: Colmcille, Dromard, Mullinalaghta.

Predictions:
Group 1: Longford Slashers, Ballymahon.
Group 2: Abbeylara,Mostrim.
Group 3: Killoe,Clonguish.
Group 4: Colmcille, Dromard,

our own group would expect ourselves and ballymahon to pull through, rathcline are no-hopers, the gaels ya never know they arent as bad as they showed up to be last year, alot of young talent, but still expect to come through against them.

groups 2 and 3 are straightforward and i think the whole county is looking forward to group 4 for obvious reasons!! :D

Billys Boots

Quotegroups 2 and 3 are straightforward and i think the whole county is looking forward to group 4 for obvious reasons!!

Well I'm not.  :-\

North Longford

Whew.....just got out in time!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Although it might just be the incentive thats needed!
Then we have Dromard as well.

Billys Boots

Did ye keep yer job this year NL?

And how was Sunday morning?

North Longford

No.....a free man at last. Prob not be around in 50 years so reckoned it wasn't worth hanging on!!!
Sunday morning was cancelled this week Billy!!

LaurelEye

Quote from: North Longford on February 10, 2009, 09:49:08 AM
Whew.....just got out in time!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Although it might just be the incentive thats needed!
Then we have Dromard as well.

Yep, we're going to have to win the Connolly the hard way this year  ;) ;D

Longfordian

from our point of view .... not the worst draw , but have the prospect of local derbys with the auld enemy and Connollys, plus a game vs a strong Abbey side ....

Group 4 ....  will make for an interesting summer in North Longford ....

Shamrock Shore

Longfordian.

You have been missed of late.

Yes - it could have been worse for the Mostrim bize and any game agin the auld enemy Arda is worth savouring.

Detached as I am from the local scene I predict Abbey and our lads to progess. Arda can not recover from the loss of Kavanagh and the unfortunate Liam Keenan (to whom I send best wishes) and the Connollys.......well, who can predict what the Connollys could do. Well, I predict they will only beat Arda.

And dems fighting words.