Well done Colmcille.

Hope ye go all the way.

Is it

Slashers v Abbey
Colmcille v Killoe

Billys Boots

Quotewhy would i be a loser im a slashers man

Question and answer in one sentence.

I didn't know Slashers had any fans - are you sure about that?  We might have been obsessed with Dromard last year - it didn't stop us kicking the shite out of Slashers.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

LaurelEye

Crayonmania strikes again. From the front page of our official county GAA website:

QuoteCathal Cremer's 21st

Longford GAA would like to send out big 21st birthday wishes to our man Cathal Cremer who celebrates his 21st this coming weekend. Everybody invited to John Browne's Public House this Saturday night for the celebrations (around 9pm) - which hopefully come in 3's? Come early as they will be big queue's for the 21st kisses's

Longford GAA Online, 01/09/08

:-[
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

LaurelEye

The Longford GAA website continues to get its priorities right:

QuoteLONGFORD GAA ONLINE
THE BIRTHDAY BOY! Happy 21st birthday to Cathal Cremer

Longford Slashers beat Abbeylara to reach Senior Championship Final.

LONGFORD GAA ONLINE
A weekend of mixed emotions as a new chapter starts for many

This past weekend for lots of different reasons seen some highs and some lows around this place that's called Longford, the new "party central" of the midlands, for Enda, Gerry and the Longford ladies team Saturday afternoon proved a low when they lost out to Clare, but I think that night in the Spiral Tree and the good memories, times and friends took some of the pain away, Enda is one of the best and we all wish him well down the road. . . we all hope Derek Nolan got home safe and well to Grattans . . . keep away from the fatfrogs bud. John Browne's Public House was the place to be for Cathal Cremer's 21st as they came from near and far, and the crowd and many faces that packed JB's Saturday night last is testament to how popular this fine young man is with so many, I believe the party is still going on . . . think some should stay away from the Old No.7? At this time many of the young folks out there are heading off to college, good luck to you all, its a part of life and its a part of growing up, enjoy! . . . The profit Nostradamus reckons the world is going to end this Wednesday, if it does by god we went out with a bang last weekend! . . . If ya seen Paul's phone please return, he can pick it up in McDonald's anyday!

Is no-one at County Board level prepared to deal with this sh1te or does no-one care any longer?

At the trivial end of things, the two Smith brothers put on a virtuoso performance to send Slashers into the semi-final - though Abbey's wastefulness with frees and in front of goals didn't help - and Mullinalaghta won their first match in the Senior Championship since about 1952 to stay senior for next year.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

QuoteIs no-one at County Board level prepared to deal with this sh1te or does no-one care any longer?

That is a joke - is this what passes for a review of the Ladies Semi-final?  Oh, for this to be a line in the sand - do the County Board actually pay this clown?

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 08, 2008, 01:48:56 PM
QuoteIs no-one at County Board level prepared to deal with this sh1te or does no-one care any longer?

That is a joke - is this what passes for a review of the Ladies Semi-final?  Oh, for this to be a line in the sand - do the County Board actually pay this clown?

The Ladies' report is further down the page:

QuoteLADIES
Ladies leave it too late as they go out to Clare

The Longford ladies footballers made their exit from the TG4 Intermediate Football Championship when they were narrowly defeated by Clare on Saturday afternoon by two points in the semi final. The Final score reading Clare 1-15 Longford 3-7. It wasn't to be for Enda, Gerry and the girls on this occasion.

Sin é...

Billys Boots

Well, you have to give the man credit for consistently achieving 'new lows'.   ::)

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 08, 2008, 02:50:39 PM
Well, you have to give the man credit for consistently achieving 'new lows'.   ::)

...or as he might put it himself - "new low's"...

The Forfeit Point

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 01, 2008, 09:38:45 AM
Quotewhy would i be a loser im a slashers man

Question and answer in one sentence.

I didn't know Slashers had any fans - are you sure about that?  We might have been obsessed with Dromard last year - it didn't stop us kicking the shite out of Slashers.

well i dont know about fans for that is plural and i am a single entity and quite the loyal follower! top of the roll of honour begs to differ with your referal to us being losers! ;)

have to hand it to ye though, even though ye were poor in the 2nd half ye held on very well something which i wasnt expecting...... maybe colmcilles name is just etched on the cup with the year thats in it and all........... :o

LaurelEye

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on September 21, 2008, 12:49:39 AMwell i dont know about fans for that is plural and i am a single entity and quite the loyal follower! top of the roll of honour begs to differ with your referal to us being losers! ;)

Slashers having "fans" in the plural is a welcome if recent development. Not all that long ago that the Mullinalaghta support were outnumbering them in Farneyhoogan ;)

Billys Boots

Looking forward to and dreading Sunday next at the same time - it'll be a loooong week.

AbbeySider

I have a question about Pearse Park...

Which is the bigger Terrace along ether sideline ?
East Terrace
South Terrace
South West Corner Stand
West Stand
West Terrace

Can you walk around to any terraces or are you restricted ?

Thanks!

Shamrock Shore

Aim for The Stand where there is seating and good views. The 'town goal' end is standing covered. I have no idea on which is south east etc as these phrases are only a new invention.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 23, 2008, 06:02:33 PM
Aim for The Stand where there is seating and good views. The 'town goal' end is standing covered. I have no idea on which is south east etc as these phrases are only a new invention.

So once you are in, can you walk around to any terraces or are you restricted ?
I know you cant get into the stand if you dont have a stand ticket.

LaurelEye

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 23, 2008, 05:28:51 PM
I have a question about Pearse Park...

Which is the bigger Terrace along ether sideline ?
East Terrace
South Terrace
South West Corner Stand
West Stand
West Terrace

Can you walk around to any terraces or are you restricted ?

Thanks!

The "Town End" is the south (left on the map).

Everywhere except "The Hill" aka "The East Terrace" is covered although the lower end of the seated area can be exposed on a wet and windy day.