Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

QuoteHalf-parish = Mullinalaghta (other half is in Cavan - Gowna).

On the old OS maps it's called Colmcille West - they should know their place and come back into the fold.  You'd never know, some of them might even get a game - in the Div6 team.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

Mostrim top of Division 2 aftet beating "3 of the division's weakest teams" according to some yahoo on Hoganshite.

Laureleye is not amused.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 27, 2008, 12:30:27 PM
QuoteHalf-parish = Mullinalaghta (other half is in Cavan - Gowna).

On the old OS maps it's called Colmcille West - they should know their place and come back into the fold.

Ehmm, we're the ones on the eastern side of the lake last time I checked.

QuoteYou'd never know, some of them might even get a game - in the Div6 team.

Well, at least they'd be playing on a Colmcille team that had some chance of winning something :P
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

Ahhh, isn't the run-up to the championship great all the same?

QuoteEhmm, we're the ones on the eastern side of the lake last time I checked.

Just checking you're awake, and haven't fallen asleep correcting scripts.  :P

North Longford

QuoteGood to see you're keeping a tight eye on us  Not exactly sure why....
We're meticulous ya know. Had the pleasure of being next to Jimmy the cooper and Terry McGovern.......they should have their own show!!!

QuoteWell, at least they'd be playing on a Colmcille team that had some chance of winning something
Japers just when ya might need something to jiz the lads up ya could always use a quote from one of the Mullinalaghta's!!!! :D

LaurelEye

Quote from: North Longford on May 27, 2008, 01:18:06 PM
We're meticulous ya know. Had the pleasure of being next to Jimmy the cooper and Terry McGovern.......they should have their own show!!!

QuoteWell, at least they'd be playing on a Colmcille team that had some chance of winning something
Japers just when ya might need something to jiz the lads up ya could always use a quote from one of the Mullinalaghta's!!!! :D

If yis get any more jizzing up after last weekend, yis'd be hyperactive. I'm sure yis are quaking in your boots...

One-sided Saturday may have been, but if we keep picking up injuries at this rate we might be calling Johnny Hand and Mickey Duffy into service for June 15th.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

North Longford

Yis are lucky the cooper wasn't playing so, there'd have been a few more "out here with me" as the sayin goes!!

LaurelEye

Quote from: North Longford on May 27, 2008, 02:07:01 PM
Yis are lucky the cooper wasn't playing so, there'd have been a few more "out here with me" as the sayin goes!!

Given that the Ballymore leading lights are off sowing winter barley in computerised tractors, both Coopers could yet get a call-up before the Championship is over if they have their boots. At least it mightn't take them 52 minutes to score a point.

North Longford

Quoteif they have their boots
Some buck of a playing age went past him.....obviously from Ballymore and the cooper reckoned he didn't need boots, he'd be as goodas what was out there with his shoes so thats that sorted.........to the dismay of the young wan with him the conversation between the cooper and Terry quickly changed to the new kind of playing he was obviously at..........it got better from there. Suffice to say the pair of young wans moved on down the line pretty promptly!

Mhic Easmuint

Draw is tonight (Friday 30th May) at approx. 9.30pm.

Online sales at http://antrim.gaa.ie finish at 8.45pm

Your last chance to get a ticket to win one of the great prizes.  

Funds generated to go towards the planned Centre of Excellence.
Plans and Video Fly-through available on the website:
http://antrim.gaa.ie/centre-of-excellence/

Billys Boots

Four goals at the weekend, the heads must be bursting at this stage.   :P

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 02, 2008, 02:45:38 PM

Four goals at the weekend, the heads must be bursting at this stage.   :P

The result says more about the state that Kenagh have sunk to than anything about us.

I believe one Longford Slasher member of the county panel has headed stateside. Tournament match in the Heart of Darkness this afternoon - most entertaining aspect was probably the many and various ways in which Cavan failed to score goals.

Billys Boots

I never knew Legga was called Párc na nGael before - it makes sense, in the context of the sort of fellahs me oul lad used to call 'fíor gaels'.

An amusing Bank Holiday so, Laureleye?

North Longford

Quotebelieve one Longford Slasher member of the county panel has headed stateside. Tournament match in the Heart of Darkness this afternoon - most entertaining aspect was probably the many and various ways in which Cavan fail

I assume thats Paul Kelly who wasn't there today. Thought the Mullinalaghta contingent may have been gone also as they didn't appear today either!!!

A few other noticeable things about today. Longford in the space of a 15 minute half time break changed there whole approach which they have been using for the last 3 years. Were they copying Cavan.......it actually worked to a certain degree.
Also is it possible that McGee could have a bigger chip on his shoulder than young Barden. I'm not actually sure why he togged out today because he certainly had no interest in being there.
Was chating to Deco before the game and he reckoned we had only 18 togged!! Sombody must have given out to him at half time he certainly upped his performance in the second half. Would also say I was impressed with Waters in the goals. All in all 1-19 was a good score considering these boys haven't seen each other since the Westmeath game......of course 1-16 was a lot to concede!!

Billys Boots

QuoteWould also say I was impressed with Waters in the goals.

That's good news for all of us.  ;)