Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Any views on who the new piss-boy is likely to be?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

The queue will form outside Aras Ui Bhrian on Sun eve next at 6.30 pm.

Can't see a mad rush to be honest.

(a) Seeing as Luke is pissing people off down below with his current profile I would expect nothing will be done until Luke walks next summer. Skelly is out of the chair in Dec and I can see him   become an official selector along with Eugene McCormack.

(b) Paidi.....

(c) Babs......

Billys Boots

Quote(c) Babs......

I'd pay to watch that.  :P

Shamrock Shore

Hardly likely Billy - surely.

I reckon that this could see Luke's position undermined. Not that there is a queue either for his replacement and I personally am not opposed to him getting an extra year at least, as agreed, but this, plus the murmur murmur murmur coming from the homes of Longford about 'our' media star, cannot be ignored.

Time to reel it in Luke and concentrate on the job.

How many other active inter county managers are on the radio/tv as pundits?

LaurelEye

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on August 20, 2007, 03:12:57 PM
Cashel v Granard to see who survives into senior and who gets the flick into Intermediate.

This should be interesting - for the politics though maybe not for the quality of football.

Either Cashel go down - in which case the Senior Championship would end up having a sponsor associated with an Intermediate club and there will undoubtedly be high jinks as the rulebook is trawled in time for the County Convention - or Granard go down - in which case Ballymore become the Senior club in Granard parish - a highly amusing prospect.

Timetables for the Championship semi-finals and finals:

Sat 1st:

Intermediate semi-final: Mullinalaghta vs Killashee, 7pm

Sun 2nd:

Minor semi-final: Drumlish vs Dromard, 5pm
Senior semi-final: Colmcille vs Slashers, 7pm

Sat 8th:

Intermediate semi-final: Carrickedmond vs Kenagh, 7pm

Sun 9th:

Minor semi-final: Northern Gaels vs Ballymore/Granard, 5pm
Senior semi-final: Dromard vs Seán Connollys, 7pm

Sun 23rd:

Intermediate final, Junior A final

Sun 30th:

Senior final, Minor final
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

The Forfeit Point

championship appears rather predictable from now on, slashers v.dromard final with the townies winning it

Billys Boots

Any big game news?  Apart from the antics of the Swampies on the County Board.   ::)

Shamrock Shore

Well - last Fri eve Rocky Tierney got in a spot of bother reffing Clonguish v Ardagh.

Despite sending off 2 Clonguishes the game ended in a draw - or did it?

Clonguish insisted they had won by a point but when Rocky confirmed it a draw they went balubas and surrounded the bauld Rocky (not a difficult feat) and started shouting the odds. (A known Ardagh player floored a Clonguish mentor in the confusion).

Fast foward to today's match report in The News:

"ref had....many dubious decisions" and "lucky to escape unscathed"

That last sentence is a disgrace and the clown that wrote it should be hauled up in front of the CCC or whatever it's called. Fecking Clonguishes think that they are God's gift - all we had to so is recall the behaviour of the Gossun a few years ago.

Meanwhile there is no truth in the rumour that certain well placed Swampie officials have pushed back the county final date to 30 Sep 2007 to enable long term Swamp Merchants injuries to heal nor is there any truth in the rumour that a certain Armagh player (perhaps now retired) is making a 500 mile round trip twice a week to train The Swampies.

No truth whatsover.

Should we hope that the Connollys do us a favour or wait for Colmcille to do it in the final?

gortnaleck

Hi Laurel Eye
     I'll be over that country next week ,if I get a chance I'll call to see the Cooper.Could you leave a few Euro behind the bar in Keoghs in case youre not around yourself.The dollar is very weak at the minute

Shamrock Shore

Congrats to Colmcille on reaching the senior county final for the first time since Cromwell with a 1-13 to 1-09 win over the Slashers.

Billysboots and North Longford happy.

Congrats to St. Columbas of Mullinalaghta who are now in the Intermediate final.

Laureleye v happy.

Nothing for Shamrock Shore or Longfordian to smile about.

Shame.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 02, 2007, 08:29:13 PM
Congrats to St. Columbas of Mullinalaghta who are now in the Intermediate final.

Laureleye v happy.

LaurelEye is just f**king relieved after what was an extremely close call last night. If Killashee had had any forwards who could score, or if our own defence hadn't been on top form last night, LaurelEye would be contemplating taking a long walk off Dring Pier (or, more profitably, prodding certain Mullinalaghta players ahead of him as he proceeded along Dring Pier towards his watery rendezvous).

Major attitude adjustments required before the final.

QuoteNothing for Shamrock Shore or Longfordian to smile about.

Shame.

Yis are Senior for another year. Yeer Junior team seems to be going well. That's two things.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

QuoteCongrats to Colmcille on reaching the senior county final for the first time since Cromwell

Eh, that would be 1994, but who's complaining.  A decent performance last night (fair play NL), but another one needed with neighbours lurking in the long-grass (or rushes).

Quotechampionship appears rather predictable from now on, slashers v.dromard final with the townies winning it

Any more predictions Forfeit Point?

Shamrock Shore

Billy
QuoteEh, that would be 1994, but who's complaining

Apologies - I thought it was 1952 or thereabouts. We have a worser record seeing our last Sept outing was in 1992.

Still a few blanks in the Wiki entry for the competition. I did my best to fill it in. Would Auld Boots be able to help out here Billy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longford_Senior_Football_Championship

Shamrock Shore

Drici

It depends where you start from and how much you are getting paid per mile - officially, like!

Billys Boots

QuoteWould Auld Boots be able to help out here Billy?

I thought Auld Shore would be better placed like.  The gaps all look a bit previous.  I can help though.  :P  The very first championship final was won by Colmcille, who beat (wait for it) Honest John Martins, now called Rathcline.

QuoteApologies - I thought it was 1952 or thereabouts.
And, as if I needed reminding, Dessie Barry won the 1994 final (for technical reasons, the records say that Slashers won it).  Colmcille led by six points at half-time, it was level two minutes into the second half and Slashers got a goal to win by a goal in injury time.  Thanks a bunch.