Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Forfeit Point

who are the favourites for the minor championship the year?

Billys Boots

Great stuff again last night NL, fair play indeed.  Another chance to avenge ourselves on the Townies?

QuoteAuld Shamrock heard a conspiracy theory that Dromard threw the game against Colmcille

I know Auld Shamrock is a great man for the conspiracies, but that takes the biscuit.  You're forgetting that Auld Shamrock has had the knife in Colmcille since the dawn of civilisation.  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

North Longford

It was ok but a bit poor during first 15 of second half. Conceeded a couple of poor goals from defensive standpoint and could have shipped another one. Still lots of room for improvement which I suppose is good. Indeed Slashers looked good against Abbey on Saturday...better than they were against us the first day so it will take a fair performance to beat them......heres hoping.!

LaurelEye

Didn't see the Slashers-Abbey match due to commitments elsewhere, but I thought Colmcille looked very impressive on Sunday night against what was not a bad Windies team.

BTW, Billy, I heard the Dromard conspiracy theory too - from someone who hasn't had the knife stuck in yis since the dawn of civilisation ;)
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

QuoteI heard the Dromard conspiracy theory too

I hadn't realised things were that slow round the county this summer.  I must make some inquiries.   :P

Shamrock Shore

Jazes - Auld Shamrock sends Richie Culhane 25 years ago to the line and suddenly he's Colmcille's bette noir  :D

Billys Boots

QuoteAuld Shamrock sends Richie Culhane 25 years ago

And Caoimhin Smith, in the same game, don't forget.  Thanks for the memories.   :P

LaurelEye

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on August 14, 2007, 01:25:26 PM
Jazes - Auld Shamrock sends Richie Culhane 25 years ago to the line and suddenly he's Colmcille's bette noir  :D

Is this an obscure reference to the Leader's series of stories about Bette Davis being almost nearly a Longfordwoman, Shamrock? ;)
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

So I'm right about it being a slow summer in Longford Laureleye????

Shamrock Shore

No - he is right Billy. Layder did comment on this some time back. My mistaken extra 't' in bete provoked his memory.

Still think "J-Lo may visit Longford" is top - or perhaps "Faroe Island's captain's wife's grandmother is from Ballymahon" could be a contender

I see our beloved Chairman is crowing about John Bannon getting the Dublin Kerry game as ref. With Eugene 'Bate-down-the-doors" Murtagh reffing the AI Club final it has been, according to Mr. Skelly, a "wonderful year for Longford referees".

Sometimes I am left speechless by something. This is one of those times  :'(

Billys Boots

Quoteprovoked his memory

You'll have to desist with this.  :P

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on August 17, 2007, 09:21:45 AM
Quoteprovoked his memory

You'll have to desist with this.  :P

Aye, it's getting kinda rusty at this stage...

Though even at its best it wasn't able to remember Colmcille winning a Senior Championship :P2

Billys Boots

Even a bit before my time Laureleye.  ;)  And judging by last night, might be another while.  ::)

Billys Boots

Any reports on the weekend's qfs?  Other than in Crayonese?

Shamrock Shore

Connollys shock Ballymahon
Swampies account for Killoe
Reich survice senior ststus and now Cashel v Granard to see who survives into senior and who gets the flick into Intermediate.

In Breaking News Declan Rowley has resigned as......well....what was he.

Anyway he is no longer at Luke's side cos he got the bum's rush over Luke's media profile while he had to stay at home and actually look at local games to see where the 2008 players are coming from.

Ah yes it's Meath and not Moydow for Luke
Cork, not Clonguish
Kerry not Killoe.