Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Tomorrow sees the mighty clash as Mostrim face St. Columbas in Crippen Devine Park.

Current odds with Paddy Power

Mostrim 8/15
Draw 7/1
Mullinalaghta 2/1

Get the money on now boys.

Billys Boots

Oh I dunno SS, that's a very short price on Meathas Truim, for all that they've achieved recently.  A very tempting punt on the half-parish!!   :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on July 13, 2007, 11:52:28 AM
Oh I dunno SS, that's a very short price on Meathas Truim, for all that they've achieved recently.  A very tempting punt on the half-parish!!   :P

Not biting, Billy.

Not even after our great victory in the Division 6 final last weekend ;)

Be brave on Saturday night :)
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Shamrock Shore

Result from Crippen Devine Park:

Mostrim 2-08
St. Columbas 0-12

In an unusual turn of events Mostrim umpire seemingly got a yellow card for "mouthing" at the ref.

Pitch horrid heavy and wet - then it is below sea level down there near the railway track (note not tracks)

Shamrock Shore

Billys enigmatic Colmcille made no mistake second time of asking.

Colmcille 1-13
Swampies 1-03

Swampies goal came with last kick of the game.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 13, 2007, 09:42:32 PM
Result from Crippen Devine Park:

Mostrim 2-08
St. Columbas 0-12

In an unusual turn of events Mostrim umpire seemingly got a yellow card for "mouthing" at the ref.

Pitch horrid heavy and wet - then it is below sea level down there near the railway track (note not tracks)

Yes, I found it somewhat damp as I trudged my way through the area behind the goals, seeing the pinkeens cheerfully wave at the strange creature sloshing past before they darted into the deeper water around the square...

Congratulations to Billy and to NL on the victory this evening over their amphibious neighbours. Perhaps if the match had been played in Crippen Park there might have been a closer finish as the men in green and red might have been at a disadvantage in the damper conditions... ;)
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Billys Boots

Joy to the World!  Nothing can upset me now.   ;D
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Longfordian

Was off in Italia last week so missed the game v Columbas .......heard the conditions were very poor ......

Breaking news from the Mostrim camp :
Our present keeper broke his coller bone in training last night .....and seemingly our sub keeper (last years county minor keeper) has gotten the hump with being dropped for the championship v Ballymore and hasnt been out since....and from what I hear is refusing to make himself available !!! ) ...... not good news at all

Lonfordian got a phone call this morning ...to get his arse out every night between now and training Friday to run all the pizza and red wine that he consumed over the past week !!! ...... maybe they want to play me between the sticks  :D

Great win for Colmcille ...congrats to Billy and Northlongford ...especially with the manner of the victory ....... 

Shamrock Shore

Longfordian - maybe it's time to resurrect my schoolboy/U14/U16 role and pick up the yellow jersey again. Always had to get Bobby Farrell to do the kick outs though as I could only manage about 2 yards from a dead ball.

Have we a hope agin Killoe in the championship?

Longfordian

Haven't seen Killoe at al this year .... by all accounts they were excellent v Abbeylara ...but they are 0 wins and 5 loses in leauge ... which isn't overally impressive.
Our sub keeper is back in action ..and while he may not be the best shot stopper .....his kick outs are excellent and he can find a man consistently which we will need v a massive midfield ....

Our fullback line could be our downfall ....and they have a very strong FF line

They are justifiable favorites .... but they are not world beaters ....so we'll see !!

You making it down ...... a festival of footall all day Sunday to enjoy  :)

LaurelEye

Quote from: Longfordian on July 20, 2007, 10:29:55 AM
Haven't seen Killoe at al this year .... by all accounts they were excellent v Abbeylara ...but they are 0 wins and 5 loses in leauge ... which isn't overally impressive.
Our sub keeper is back in action ..and while he may not be the best shot stopper .....his kick outs are excellent and he can find a man consistently which we will need v a massive midfield ....

Our fullback line could be our downfall ....and they have a very strong FF line

They are justifiable favorites .... but they are not world beaters ....so we'll see !!

You making it down ...... a festival of footall all day Sunday to enjoy  :)

Indeed. Starting with Carrickedmond vs Mullinalaghta at 12. It could be a loooooooong day.

Shamrock Shore

QuoteYou making it down ......

No can do Longfordian - heading to Cavan to drop off the little wimmin with their Nana for 2 day's holidays (for them and us  ;D )

I am sure Radio Laureleye will be in touch but the signal is very dodgy in Bailieboro and there is only one sq inch of the house that a wake signal is detectable.

Longfordian

Were were awful ...too small and inexperienced in too many areas ....... Joe McCormack scored 2-7 !!! ......
Abbey will kick 10 colours of sh1te out of us ........Niall Sheridan back ...scored 1-7  :'(

Clonguish are gone ....Dromard came back to win by 1 pt .....Francis McGee was maginificant ........

Shamrock Shore

I can see only doom against Abbey. I had a feeling that Killoe would walk all over us. Ah well.

False Dawn boys lived up to their name going down badly to Slashers. Auld Shamrock heard a conspiracy theory that Dromard threw the game against Colmcille last week so as to avoid the Slashers.

I can't see that - could that be true  :o

North Longford

Very much doubt if the swampies would fear Slashers to be honest.
Don't think we are too far away still. Worst performance of the year by a bit of a distance yet still were 2 points up with 7 minutes left.
Gifted them a goal and then a 50 and an injury time goal put the icing on the cake for the town boys.