?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

JimStynes

Quote from: LCohen on November 11, 2020, 01:17:06 PM
Angelo are you barred form the coronavirus threads?

He's been run out of town

clarshack

See Griff has had to delete his twitter. there's no doubt that he would have liked that tweet about Kyle Lafferty only for football reasons but the huns have jumped all over it.

Angelo

Quote from: clarshack on November 13, 2020, 02:31:36 PM
See Griff has had to delete his twitter. there's no doubt that he would have liked that tweet about Kyle Lafferty only for football reasons but the huns have jumped all over it.

What's this?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

clarshack

Quote from: Angelo on November 13, 2020, 02:32:18 PM

What's this?

someone tweeted a picture of Kyle Lafferty crying in a NI jersey after last nights loss to Slovakia which LG subsequently liked. Lafferty's sister died last week and certain people are trying to say LG liking the tweet was about the sister dying.

general_lee

Pretty innocuous especially considering the wider context on twitter (NI & Scotland official twitter accounts have history winding each other up - light hearted). Of course the perennially offended saw it differently  ::)

LCohen

Quote from: Angelo on November 11, 2020, 02:46:20 PM
Quote from: LCohen on November 11, 2020, 01:17:06 PM
Angelo are you barred form the coronavirus threads?

I've said what I needed to say and grown tired of the juvenile responses.

Got caught bluffing and telling lies more like. I guess most the guys on here know you have zero credibility

michaelg

Out of interest, are you referring to NI or Rangers fans?

Main Street

Quote from: michaelg on November 14, 2020, 06:58:53 PM
A Rangers fan could also be a NI fan.

michaelg

Quote from: Main Street on November 14, 2020, 07:13:08 PM
Many NI fans I know have no interest in Scottish football.  Although he was clearly not making reference to the death of Lafferty's sister, his explanation for the tweet was a tad churlish.  What is it to him if NI didn't qualify, especially given the fact that the vast majority of NI fans would be pleased that Scotland made it through.

general_lee

Because it was a picture of Lafferty crying. Lafferty used to play the pantomime villain role for Rangers. The NI team has a big Rangers following so no that out of the ordinary to like a tweet slagging Lafferty.

6th sam

Quote from: michaelg on November 14, 2020, 07:34:32 PM
Many NI fans I know have no interest in Scottish football.  Although he was clearly not making reference to the death of Lafferty's sister, his explanation for the tweet was a tad churlish.  What is it to him if NI didn't qualify, especially given the fact that the vast majority of NI fans would be pleased that Scotland made it through.
Though I'm not an NI fan, Lafferty is a NI legend, who always ups his game in a Northern Ireland jersey , and it would have been so fitting for him to net that shot that hit the post. The character of stepping up under such circumstances is typical of Lafferty to be fair who has often excelled under pressure. Griffiths was clearly embarrassed and ashamed , when he realised the circumstances around Lafferty's emotion. In fairness , I didn't know about Laffertys loss , and it's obvious Griffiths didn't either. Unfortunately for NI soccer , it remains tarnished by some of NI supporters historical anti-celtic aggression. There is perceived to be a strong crossover between Linfield fans and NI fans , and the buckfast bottle thrown at Griffiths during his last visit to Windsor Park , and the history of Antagonism from some NI supporters towards Celtic , no doubt colours Griffiths view of NI soccer. Lafferty , an ex Rangers player who famously upped his game when playing Celtic, became a bit of a cult hero amongst Rangers fans, and thereby an anti-hero for Celtic fans. For Griffiths, As he contributed to his country qualifying for their first finals in years,  particularly given his own recent challenges, he was no doubt buzzing. Unfortunately he probably got carried away when He saw NI and Lafferty miss out and retweeted. As soon as he realised Lafferty's trauma he apologised . Those that have genuine empathy for Kyle, should also have empathy for Griffiths , given his own troubles and his apology. Though there are obvious learning points for Griffiths, hopefully the apology should be the end of the matter. I have so much respect for Lafferty , who can hold his head high, I'm sure his family are very proud of him.

Main Street

Quote from: michaelg on November 14, 2020, 07:34:32 PM
Who gives a feck, it was 100% obvious to one all what Griffths was commenting upon, except probably to a litany  of morons who chose to forget about Lafferty's ignomius record as a shameless diving cnt for Glasgow Rangers and a general assh*le.

Angelo

Should have been sacked over the international break but that's the league gone now.

Lawwell should be fucked out with Lennon.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

bennydorano

He's going to be remembered as the man who fucked 10

illdecide

I would also sack most of the players for their gutless display...Bitton is rank, Frimpong is rank, Rogic is rank, Brown is rank, Christie is playing rank...Ahh f**k where do i stop
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch