Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Watched 17 again and Watchmen at the weekend.  17 again was dung, Watchmen was surprisingly entertaining. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Galwaybhoy

The Informant is worth a watch.  Though some might find it boring.

Main Street

For anyone with discerning tastes, interested in a site with a large database of download links to well known and lesser known foreign films.

http://www.foriegnmoviesddl.com/

blewuporstuffed

Just watched The Hurt Locker, very good show
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Archie Mitchell

Watched the Soloist the other night. Very good show. Good performance by Jamie Foxx.

tyrone86

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on September 29, 2009, 10:23:01 AM
The Informant is worth a watch.  Though some might find it boring.

Which reminds me, saw one call 'The Informers' the other day. Pure tripe, got about 30 minutes in and couldn't take anymore. Wasn't too impressed with the Brothers Bloom either

Capt Pat

I saw the God Father on the big screen yesterday and it is still a very good film, nearly 3 hours long and no thoughts cross your mind about what time it is or how long it is taking, although it has become very dated in parts. The horses head scene drew a few laughs from the cinema audience I think it was originally meant to shock. The 2 fish being delivered to signify he sleeps with the fishes, the fight scenes people getting machine gunned, the wife having a temper tantrum, some of the racist terms, some of those scenes made me cringe.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Capt Pat

Pandorum is a film similar  to Aliens about a space shuttle crew travelling a very long distance through space who wake up to find that there ship has been taken over strange creatures. It is very good, you can not go wrong if you like this type of movie.

8.5 out of 10.

mc_grens

Going to see the Godfather in the lighthouse tomorrow, can't wait!

SLIGONIAN

Seen Year One, District 9, The Boat that Rocked and the Ugly Truth recently.

Year One was suprisingly funny, got bad reviews but I enjoyed it.
District 9 is a gritty sci fi with a very human racism storyline underlining the whole film. Very clever and it was good.
TBTR was very funny, definitly watch it.
TUT was suprisingly good rom com.

Never seen any of the Godfathers, have to watch them someday. Yes man was very good for sure. Pity Carrey isnt playing murdoch in the new A Team movie, would be perfect for him.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Minder

Full Metal Jacket now on Sky Channel 180, better than any oul shite in the cinema.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

been watching it for a 2 hours!!!

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on October 04, 2009, 12:07:21 AM

Missed the start, best part, so watching it on +1
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: milltown row on October 04, 2009, 12:07:21 AM
Accompanied by a bottle of grape juice?