Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on August 29, 2009, 11:29:53 AM
Went to see it last night, brutal. I was really dissapointed. The story just dragged on and on. We left early. I had high hopes for it, because of the cast. It had some good wee lines in it, slaggin the yo teach guy abut his dead grandad, slaggin the doctor about his accent etc. But there wasnt enough of them. Highlight of the film probably the scene with Ray Romano and Eminem, it was funny.

You named the only three funny scenes in the entire film.
Testing Accessibility

Archie Mitchell

What did your brothers woman think of the film last night Ziggy?  ;)

ziggysego

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 29, 2009, 12:16:17 PM
What did your brothers woman think of the film last night Ziggy?  ;)

Didn't know she was at it, are you following her around?
Testing Accessibility

Capt Pat

Hurt Locker is the best movie in the cineams at the moment in my opinion. It is about a US bomb disposal team in Iraq. It is highly recomended by Capt  Pat, a proper movie unlike Tarantinos latest effort.

It got great review on rotten tomatoes but check out the review of the one critic on this page to go agianst the flow, basically the movie is rubbish according to this rebel without a cause.

http://ie.rottentomatoes.com/m/hurt_locker/?page=2&critic=approved&sortby=date&name_order=asc&view=#contentReviews

It happens sometimes that you think a movie is rubbish that everyone else says is great. It was like that for me with the last Batman movie which I thought was way too long and boring.

Canalman

Went to Inglourious Basterds last night. Not a QT fan by any means (am seemingly in a minority of 1 in thinking Pulp Fiction was overrated) but enjoyed IB. Has its flaws but watchable all the same.
Must have one of the best screen villians of all time in it......"The Jewhunter". A tad gory in places but more of a "talky" than an action flick.

Cinema was packed by the way.

Archie Mitchell

Watched The Damned United tonight there. Very good film. Best I have seen in a while. Michael Sheen is very good. Might have to watch Frost/Nixon after his performance in The Damned United.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on September 02, 2009, 10:37:20 PM
Watched The Damned United tonight there. Very good film. Best I have seen in a while. Michael Sheen is very good. Might have to watch Frost/Nixon after his performance in The Damned United.
I take it this is out on dvd? Must watch this some night I get the wife out of the house.

ONeill

There's a good torrent of the Damned Utd.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on September 02, 2009, 11:45:37 PM
There's a good torrent of the Damned Utd.

Will you dig it out and PM me O'Neill? Please?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

FL/MAYO

Archie Mitchell

Downloaded it. Its out on DVD as well so was able to get a good DVdrip torrent of it.

http://www.torrentz.com/487fb42ae9c570f572d1540df8a0e2ca28c330b2

Take your pick from any on the above link.

screenexile

Just finished watching it there it's an excellent film I enjoyed it. None of it's true though as John Giles says though! ;D ;D

Anyway I have a good streaming link of divx quality if anyone can't be assed downloading it

http://www.divxden.com/p3z16v3ymnf8/qfn-tdu.avi.html

Doogie Browser

Finally watched it myself last night, what a show.  To paraphrase Cloughie, 'I wouldn't say it was the best film about football, but it is in the top one'

As well cast a film as I have seen, Michael Sheen was fantastic he even made 'The Queen' an enjoyable film!  I have yet to see Timothy Spall in a bad role, ever since his days as Barry the Brummie in AUF PET he has been brilliant.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Canalman on September 02, 2009, 12:12:23 PM
Went to Inglourious Basterds last night. Not a QT fan by any means (am seemingly in a minority of 1 in thinking Pulp Fiction was overrated) but enjoyed IB. Has its flaws but watchable all the same.
Must have one of the best screen villians of all time in it......"The Jewhunter". A tad gory in places but more of a "talky" than an action flick.

Cinema was packed by the way.

you are not joking about the Jewhunter..  very funny at times too... Ah! bingo  :D.  ... thought the bar scene dragged out a wee bit tho. Still... highly recomended film. Thoroughly enjoyed it and the black humour was class

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.