Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Have to agree as regards the Hangover. Vastly overrated.
Still reasonably enjoyable but a 5/10 at best.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on June 24, 2009, 07:54:04 PM
Watched Il Postino yesterday. Definitely recommend it. Hard not to like. The lead actor died the day after filming ended.
It's no The Postman with Kevin Costner.

Capt Pat

I saw "Looking for Eric" last night and even though I am a Liverpool fan I thought it was a very good movie. Even Denis Irwin gets a key mention in the movie.

ziggysego

I went to see The Hangover tonight in Omagh and I must say, I have to agree with ONeill on this one. He's definitely getting grumpier! It was a complete riot and I was laughing myself stupid the whole way through. Zack was hilarious in it. 10 out of 10 for this. Best comedy I've seen in the cinema in a long time.
Testing Accessibility

Archie Mitchell

The Dan Band were in it at the end with their take on "Candy Shop". Funny as hell.

ONeill

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 24, 2009, 08:48:04 PM
Watched Il Postino yesterday. Definitely recommend it. Hard not to like. The lead actor died the day after filming ended.

No, def not!!

Quote from: ziggysego on June 24, 2009, 10:49:48 PM
I went to see The Hangover tonight in Omagh and I must say, I have to agree with ONeill on this one. He's definitely getting grumpier! It was a complete riot and I was laughing myself stupid the whole way through. Zack was hilarious in it. 10 out of 10 for this. Best comedy I've seen in the cinema in a long time.

Each to their own I suppose. You've had a good week. From a 10/10 comedy to The Transformers that had it all.

Watched Cinema Paradiso tonight - great for 3/4. Laughed more at this than Hangover.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on June 24, 2009, 11:56:30 PM

Each to their own I suppose. You've had a good week. From a 10/10 comedy to The Transformers that had it all.

Watched Cinema Paradiso tonight - great for 3/4. Laughed more at this than Hangover.

Moody get!  :D
Testing Accessibility

Treasurer

Quote from: ONeill on June 24, 2009, 11:56:30 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 24, 2009, 08:48:04 PM

No, def not!!

One of my favourites

longrunsthefox

Watched Gran Torino tonight. Is hard going by times but is okay. A bit more thought provoking than his usual vigilante type efforts when he blows everyone away. Aye would recommend it. 

leenie

watched about a boy last night again! 

its a class film!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Main Street

Did anybody watch The Sting for the first time (on TV) last night?
or
Can you remember  how far you got taken in by the film on first viewing?
When I saw it first, all those years ago, I think I went along for the ride all the way to final shoot out.

I enjoyed watching it again, a really well made film.

nrico2006

I only watched the Sting for 1st time about a year ago (£3 in Lurgan Tescos), and thought it was a brilliant show.  Have Angels and Demons copied, might watch it tonight.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AbbeySider

I watch The Hangover last weekend.
It was hilarious, and is an eerily close description of the antics that goes with Stag nights.  :D

I also watch I love you, man. Its a good film, much more suited to bringing the misses to.  ;)

screenexile

Anyone watch Snatch the other night? I forgot how good that film was. Very entertaining and hilarious in parts. In fairness Ritchie knows how to build a character and 'Arry Bricktop is brilliant in it, as is Brad Pitt as "The Pikey".

Archie Mitchell

Snatch is a great show.

Go to youtube and search for "Snatch Wars", funny as hell.