Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derry Dolly

has anyone seen last chance harvey yet?just out i think,dustin hoffman and emma thompson..supposed to be good but if its an owl soppy one dnt think il bother?

ziggysego

Quote from: Derry Dolly on June 09, 2009, 03:05:49 PM
has anyone seen last chance harvey yet?just out i think,dustin hoffman and emma thompson..supposed to be good but if its an owl soppy one dnt think il bother?

Normally I wouldn't, but it has Dustin Hoffman. Might give it ago. There's a few films I'd want to see before that though.
Testing Accessibility

leenie

right ... i'm going to try and sleep...(still not right after the weekend)

can't decide on whether to watch

gladiator

or

shakesphere in love...?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Norf Tyrone

Took the wee fella (My excuse) to see Night of the Museum 2 last night. Cute film, but not full of belly aching laughs. I enjoy those fantasy, adventure type films, so it had me hooked but not too sure if it would be everyone's cup of tea. The abundence of things in the background, characters etc means that it sure maintain interest throughout.

I'll give it 7.5 /10.

BTW... Did you know Night at the museum 1 was the BIGGEST grossing comedy film of all time?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

leenie

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 10, 2009, 09:18:28 AM
Took the wee fella (My excuse) to see Night of the Museum 2 last night. Cute film, but not full of belly aching laughs. I enjoy those fantasy, adventure type films, so it had me hooked but not too sure if it would be everyone's cup of tea. The abundence of things in the background, characters etc means that it sure maintain interest throughout.

I'll give it 7.5 /10.

BTW... Did you know Night at the museum 1 was the BIGGEST grossing comedy film of all time?
[/b]

really?
i was wondering how come there were so many big names for night at the museum 2 ?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

The Corporal

I see that a re-make of Clash of the Titans will be out next year sometime. Really enjoyed the origina.l Love those Ray Harryheusen special effects films like Jason and the Argonauts and the Sinbad films. Hopefully the re-make of Clash wont be a pile of piss

ONeill

Watched 'A Very Long Engagement' last night (French film). I'd recommend it for anyone who likes WW1 films or liked Amelie.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

DennistheMenace

I must be one of the few of have been completely underwhelmed by Slumdog Millionaire.

ONeill

Quote from: DennistheMenace on June 10, 2009, 11:30:32 PM
I must be one of the few of have been completely underwhelmed by Slumdog Millionaire.

Nope, I'm with you on that one. But don't say it aloud. I was ostracised from the outside world and almost lost my job because I said it was OK.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Massey-135

Didn't mind role models myself.

Watched Kung Fu Panda last night. Not a bad show!

clarshack

watched terminator salvation last night and enjoyed it. the CG Arnie from the first film was a nice touch.

AbbeySider

Quote from: clarshack on June 11, 2009, 08:59:25 AM
watched terminator salvation last night and enjoyed it. the CG Arnie from the first film was a nice touch.

Can you spoil any other surprises?  ;)

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: hardstation on June 10, 2009, 11:54:13 PM
Shite films:
Role Models
The Wicker Man (both)
Layer Cake

The emporer is in the nip.

Thought Role models was funnnee.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ziggysego

Quote from: clarshack on June 11, 2009, 08:59:25 AM

Excellent film, but I wish he would stop using the Batman voice.
Testing Accessibility

Derry Dolly

few good films that are worth a watch;
taken (been mentioned alot on this thread but thot it was very good..and liam neeson,not bad for a man in his 50's ;) )
doubt- v.powerful film,well worth viewing,deserved more awards than it got imo
superbad/knocked up-both as hilarious as each other,good for a laugh
atonement-actually thot it was pretty good!
adaptation-didnt get it 1st time,but seen it again,v.funny and surreal.great show
saw stepbrothers for 1st time the other day,some hilarious scenes but then it jus kinda dies and isnt as funny :-\