Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: hardstation on May 07, 2009, 12:02:26 AM
I thought Superbad was really really shit.

Did you like other teen comedies though? I know some people who don't like it but they don't like the whole genre.

Archie-yeah Role Models is a god show, think its out monday gonna get it, the wee black fella in it was a laugh.

Bogball XV

Quote from: hardstation on May 07, 2009, 12:02:26 AM
I thought Superbad was really really shit.
wasn't impressed either.

watched Taken the other night - okay, but formulaic action type stuff - not as good as a Bourne and didn't have the laughs that Bond used to have.

Bogball XV

Quote from: hardstation on May 07, 2009, 12:08:48 AM
Aye, I don't mind the genre. Just thought Superbad was pure tripe. Not very funny and added nothing new.
exactly, it had all been done to death, american pie and road trip were funny, Superbad was same again, but without the laughs.

The Corporal

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on May 06, 2009, 10:10:58 PM
Reservoir dogs on C5 far better show...

Class show with a great soundtrack

Archie Mitchell

Watched Eagle Eye today. Decent enough show. Bit far fetched regarding the whole government being able to spy on you carry on, but decent enough show. Kinda along the same lines as Ememy of The State, but not as good.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on May 07, 2009, 08:27:12 PM
Watched Eagle Eye today. Decent enough show. Bit far fetched regarding the whole government being able to spy on you carry on, but decent enough show. Kinda along the same lines as Ememy of The State, but not as good.
Aye it was okay purely as an actioner but the storyline was a bit daft.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 07, 2009, 08:31:44 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on May 07, 2009, 08:27:12 PM
Aye it was okay purely as an actioner but the storyline was a bit daft.

Yeah, totally agree. The amount of money they can spend on films these days mean they should be watchable, but some of the storylines leave alot to be desired.

screenmachine

Watched Defiance there last night.  Thought it was very good, made all the better by the fact that it was a true story, amazing how that many people survived for four odd years in absolute wilderness with the Nazi brigade after them.
One thing that did puzzle me was where did they get the glass windows from that were seen in Tuvia's cabin/hut that they made.  Couldnt find a drop to eat but still managed to install a perfectly good window into the den, fair play... :D
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Galwaybhoy

I saw X Men origins.  Thought it was poor enough.

Main Street

x men orgies ?

Shame on you

Doogie Browser

High Fidelity on now on BBC1, still a great show after watching it for about the tenth time!

Overthebar!

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 09, 2009, 12:00:06 AM
High Fidelity on now on BBC1, still a great show after watching it for about the tenth time!

should have watched it, watching 'the man' on 4plus1 here. can someone tell me if it is anyuse before i waste anymore of my time?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Overthebar! on May 09, 2009, 12:23:32 AM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 09, 2009, 12:00:06 AM

should have watched it, watching 'the man' on 4plus1 here. can someone tell me if it is anyuse before i waste anymore of my time?
Sorry I can't am watching High Fidelity, its a good show though I can tell you that.

ONeill

Just finished This is England - pure class Meadows.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Main Street on May 08, 2009, 11:56:15 PM
x men orgies ?

Shame on you

Hmm not even funny  :P

Also saw Fast and Furious, its OK.