Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 21, 2009, 03:44:28 PM
Tony, nothing poor about my taste as you well know.  Anybody seen 'Knowing' yet?  Seems a good idea.  I bet you are looking forward to the A-Team and Macgyver movies Tony!

Theres going to be a Macgyver film? :o

You better not be getting my hopes up!  >:( ;)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on March 21, 2009, 03:50:29 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 21, 2009, 03:44:28 PM
Tony, nothing poor about my taste as you well know.  Anybody seen 'Knowing' yet?  Seems a good idea.  I bet you are looking forward to the A-Team and Macgyver movies Tony!

Theres going to be a Macgyver film? :o

You better not be getting my hopes up!  >:( ;)
Yes. Ziggy announced it in another thread. How could this not be any good. I'd steer clear of an A Team movie though unless I was playing Face.

nrico2006

I saw the Prestige, it was better than I expected.

Be even better if RDA returned as MacGyver.  The A-Team movie will be dung, impossible to replicate the original shows greatness, much the same with the Hulk films.  The best job is to get rid of that shite on RTE thats on now and return to repeats of A-Team, Hulk and Knightrider.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gerry

Quote from: Silky on March 21, 2009, 09:50:35 AM
Why would anyone with half a brain pay to go an see that?

I take it you have half a brain Ziggyego?

Did anybody see the new Clint Eastwood film?

i didn't  i downloaded it from here

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Galwaybhoy

I saw The Big Lebowski on dvd at the weekend.  Heard it was a great film, I wasn't particularly gone on it though.

Bogball XV

Benjamin Button, over long imo, quickens up towards the end and gets a bit more interesting, but you have to question whether it's worth putting in the first 2 hours for.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Bogball XV on March 23, 2009, 10:53:55 AM
Benjamin Button, over long imo, quickens up towards the end and gets a bit more interesting, but you have to question whether it's worth putting in the first 2 hours for.

Cant wait to see that, but I havent heard great things about it, will probably get it when it comes out on dvd along with Gran Turino which I didnt get a chance to see either.

nrico2006

Benjamin Button was very long but it depends on what you are into - I thought it was very good.

QuoteI saw The Big Lebowski on dvd at the weekend.  Heard it was a great film, I wasn't particularly gone on it though

I have always heard great things about this film, and I believe I have seen it but not sure - maybe that sums up how good it is.  I saw it for 3 quid in Tesco's the other day and I thought about lifting it and giving it another go.  I might yet.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Dinny Breen

Saw a movie last week Felon, top show and a great performance from Val Kilmer, very very intense movie.
#newbridgeornowhere

Tony Baloney

Watched Quantum of Solace last night. Not overly impressed. Just didn't feel like a James Bond movie.

Like the look of Duplicity with Clive Owen and Julia Roberts.

nifan

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on March 23, 2009, 10:49:24 AM
I saw The Big Lebowski on dvd at the weekend.  Heard it was a great film, I wasn't particularly gone on it though.

One of my favourite movies.
Each to their own

behind the wire

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 23, 2009, 12:49:58 PM
Watched Quantum of Solace last night. Not overly impressed. Just didn't feel like a James Bond movie.

dulicity is a very good show. i liked it. need to follow it closely throughout in order to understand it.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

mrsandman

Anybody seen the Damned United yet? Ive heard good reports
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

screenexile

Quote from: behind the wire on March 23, 2009, 02:38:54 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 23, 2009, 12:49:58 PM

dulicity is a very good show. i liked it. need to follow it closely throughout in order to understand it.

God I didn't like Duplicity at all. Far too long and more twists and turns than an Olympic diving routine. I got fairly bored with it after about an hour and my head was completely fried for the 2nd hour.

Goats Do Shave

50 Dead men walking - Good show!