Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Has the tv got a vga  or/and a  hdmi  input connection.

On the computer, do you have a video output?

a socket which would accept a DVI connection like this?

or
accept a VGA connection like this?

Minder

Quote from: Main Street on January 25, 2009, 08:15:31 PM

or

TV has a VGA & HDMI connection, the laptop can accept a VGA connection but not HDMI. I was looking on google and someone reckoned the cable you have on a normal desktop computer, that is connected from the hard drive to the monitor. I have connected it from laptop to tv and played the film i have downloaded, put the tv to "PC" mode but nothing is happening on tv, film is playing ok on laptop. Any help appreciated.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tyrones own

change the monitor setting, it's on the F4 key on mine.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Square Ball

Watching the remake of the classic 1951 "The day the earth stood still" not bad so far, seem to have stuck by the original storyline and kept Gort pretty much the same, well he is a lot taller and Black instead of silver.

Not sure if I would recommend it, but not as good (so far) as the original which is one of my favourite si-fi films
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Goats Do Shave

Went to see Slumdog Millionaire last night. Great show, reminded me a lot of City of God (Another super show).

Also seen "The Accused" over the weekend. An oldi, but i'd never seen it. Jodie Foster may have got an Oscar for it? Great, show, tough though!

bridgegael

watched pineapple express last night- brutal.  pointless show.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Minder

Quote from: Minder on January 25, 2009, 09:27:58 PM
Quote from: Main Street on January 25, 2009, 08:15:31 PM

or

TV has a VGA & HDMI connection, the laptop can accept a VGA connection but not HDMI. I was looking on google and someone reckoned the cable you have on a normal desktop computer, that is connected from the hard drive to the monitor. I have connected it from laptop to tv and played the film i have downloaded, put the tv to "PC" mode but nothing is happening on tv, film is playing ok on laptop. Any help appreciated.

Meant to add, is there some setting on my laptop i need to adjust so that i am using two screens?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

Seven Pounds was good, very slow and basically everything unfolded in the last 20 minutes. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Denn Forever

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 26, 2009, 10:25:31 AM
Seven Pounds was good, very slow and basically everything unfolded in the last 20 minutes. 

Refreshing that it was so unHollywood. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Main Street

Quote from: bridgegael on January 26, 2009, 08:45:34 AM
I know that I have watched that one, can't remember what it was about..  It has fallen into that compartment of 'very unremarkable films I have seen but instantly forgotten'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Main Street on January 26, 2009, 11:56:59 AM
Quote from: bridgegael on January 26, 2009, 08:45:34 AM
I know that I have watched that one, can't remember what it was about..  It has fallen into that compartment of 'very unremarkable films I have seen but instantly forgotten'
Likewise. Was disappointed as I liked Knocked Up, Superbad and Forgetting Sarah Marshall to a lesser extent. Watched Tropic Thunder at the weekend and again it falls into the unremarkable category.

The quid a night deal in Xtravision has finished also for the rare breed amongst you that actually abide by the law and rent out movies! :))

Main Street

Umi wa miteita'  'The Sea is Watching'   Japanese film on RTE2 tonight at 12.25am

This was Akira Kurasawa's last film before he died.
In fact he just wrote the screenplay and it was directed by one of his proteges.

Not for everybody's tastes but comes highly recommended.

nrico2006

Had recently seen 'Fargo' so got my hands on 'Burn After Reading' and 'The Man Who Wasn't There'.  Impressed by all 3.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nutsy--1

Taken isn''t a bad show, also Role Models i thought was very good.

Is Frost Nixon worth watching???

The Real Laoislad

Im in the bed sick today,was gonna do some downloading and watch a few films for the day..

are
10000bc
How to lose friends and alienate people
Swing Vote

any good?
You'll Never Walk Alone.