Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick O Shea

Any of our american friends seen cloverfield yet??

Captain Scarlet

No Country for Old Men is pure class!
havent seen once but the stateside crowd are ravin about it.
looking forward to juno.

the IFI have a coen brothers season on now. i missed millers crossing, i hear its class?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Mentalman

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 31, 2008, 03:02:32 PM
the IFI have a coen brothers season on now. i missed millers crossing, i hear its class?

Brilliant in my opinion, it is one of my favourites.

"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Croí na hÉireann

Speaking of de Coen Brothers, watched Barton Fink, Blood Simple and The Hudsucker Proxy at the weekend, dem boys sure know hoe to tell a story...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Surreal Steve

No Country For Old Men-ok show, expected more after seeing it being hyped so much on here
This is England- Good show
Cloverfield-worth a watch, but i watched it on googlevid and the quality wasnt great so probably detracted from my enjoyment of it
Juno-Best out of these four for me. very enjoyable, for all ages too

Main Street

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on January 29, 2008, 01:29:21 PM
I watched One Flew over the Cookoo's Nest last night, thought it was very good.  I'm sure a few of ye have watched this, any opinions on it?

I also have Donnie Brasco on DVD, anyone see this?
One Flew over the Cookoo's Nest is not just very good, it's a perfect film.
What's more the book is excellent. The adaptation of the book onto film was genius.
The film has McMurphy as the central character, the book is seen through the eyes of the Indian, Chief Bromden.

Donnie Brasco, imo is the best I have seen about the Mafia, cut's out all the glamour, superbly well made film. 

Norf Tyrone

Watched Juno tonight. Great wee film, and even the missus will enjoy it. The critics all said it was well scripted. I never knew what that meant until I watched this film!

I seen 'gone baby gone' last weekend with Morgan Freeman, and Ben Affleck directing. I don't think it's out here until June, but again another very good film. A lot of the Madeline McCann story about it.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

gawa316

Just watching the green mile. Great show easily in my top 5 movies along with Braveheart, Shawshank, Goodfellas and .... shit can't think of a 5th ???

gawa316

Quote from: hardstation on March 03, 2008, 01:03:46 AM
Watching it myself. Great scannán.

Also, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest is brilliant.

Never seen it. Must get it out

Norf Tyrone

Cuckoo's nest was one of them films were as a wee lad the poster scared me. One evening a film was starting on BBC 2 a few years back, and I started to watch and at the end thought it was a fantastic film, a classic

Shocked when I checked to see what it was called.....it was chitty, chitty bang bang.

Only joking...it was cuckoo's nest.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Donagh

Watched The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada the other night. Think it is Tommy Lee's Directing debut. Excellent little movie.

parttimeexile

Saw Tigerland a few weeks ago and thought it was a really good film. Anyone else see it?

Zapatista

Quote from: Main Street on February 03, 2008, 01:17:09 PM
I watched One Flew over the Cookoo's Nest last night, thought it was very good.  I'm sure a few of ye have watched this, any opinions on it?

What's more the book is excellent. The adaptation of the book onto film was genius.
The film has McMurphy as the central character, the book is seen through the eyes of the Indian, Chief Bromden.

Donnie Brasco, imo is the best I have seen about the Mafia, cut's out all the glamour, superbly well made film. 

The only time I have ever enjoyed a movie better than the book. Great book but I loved the movie.

Fíor Gael

Quote from: Main Street on February 03, 2008, 01:17:09 PM

Definatley a must see film.
Other older fimls that I'd recommend
'The Field'
'Cool hand Luke'
Full metal Jacket'

Jimbobjnr

Can't really look far past The Godfather, its on most peoples top 10 film lists for a reason. Every time you watch it, it gets better.