Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

You can get trousers to help with that problem heganboy.
Testing Accessibility

The squinted eye

Watched Rise of the Foot Soldier over the weekend, loved it. Its a bit like Gangster no 1, you will have to like your violence in films though...which I do!

nrico2006

One of my favourites was on Sky the other night - Fallen.  Anybody else seen it?  I like most films with Denzel, Deja Vu and He Got Game were also very good.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 24, 2008, 11:05:00 AM
One of my favourites was on Sky the other night - Fallen.  Anybody else seen it?  I like most films with Denzel, Deja Vu and He Got Game were also very good.

"... Time is on my side, YES IT IS!!!"

Brilliant!

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Corporal

Sweeney Todd??? Any reviews? really want to see it!

his holiness nb

Quote from: The Corporal on January 28, 2008, 07:31:51 PM

Burton, Depp, Bonham Carter, gotta be good Corporal.

Has anyone seen Deathproof yet?

Great craic, saw it the other day.
Ask me holy bollix

An Fear Rua

Quote from: his holiness nb on January 28, 2008, 07:43:13 PM
Quote from: The Corporal on January 28, 2008, 07:31:51 PM

Burton, Depp, Bonham Carter, gotta be good Corporal.

Has anyone seen Deathproof yet?

Great craic, saw it the other day.

Downloaded Sweeny the other night, its not bad, BUT too much singing in it, I know its based on a musical but in "un-Burtons" it a bit
Its Grim up North

Galwaybhoy

No Country for Old Men is the best film I have seen in the cinema for ages.  Two of my friends also liked it, another thought it was crap.  I'm looking forward to There will be Blood and Cloverfield.

I watched One Flew over the Cookoo's Nest last night, thought it was very good.  I'm sure a few of ye have watched this, any opinions on it?

I also have Donnie Brasco on DVD, anyone see this?

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on January 29, 2008, 01:29:21 PM
No Country for Old Men is the best film I have seen in the cinema for ages.  Two of my friends also liked it, another thought it was crap.  I'm looking forward to There will be Blood and Cloverfield.

I watched One Flew over the Cookoo's Nest last night, thought it was very good.  I'm sure a few of ye have watched this, any opinions on it?

One flew over the cookoo's nest...all time classic. Jack at his very best. What about the big indain...the first time he speaks...class

pintsofguinness

QuoteI also have Donnie Brasco on DVD, anyone see this?

Yeah it's in my collection, good show.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on January 29, 2008, 01:31:27 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on January 29, 2008, 01:29:21 PM

One flew over the cookoo's nest...all time classic. Jack at his very best. What about the big indain...the first time he speaks...class

Yeah Jack was great.  At his very best is right.  I nearly had an argument with a friend when I said he is so overrated in Batman as the Joker, but in this film he really deserved the Oscar he won.   I couldn't stop laughing when the Indian speaks.  Now parts of the Simpson's make more sense after seeing this film :D

Donagh

Have to agree with everyone there on 'No Country for Old Men'. Downloaded and watched it last night and thought it was brilliant. Will probably go and watch it again in the cinema over the weekend. Anyone else pick up on the references to 'The Searchers' (Tommy Lee in the doorway, "That'll be the day", etc)? I assume the title comes from the first line of Sailing to Byzantium by WB Yates:

That is no country for old men. The young
In one another's arms, birds in the trees
Those dying generations at their song,
The salmon-falls, the mackerel-crowded seas,
Fish, flesh, or fowl, commend all summer long
Whatever is begotten, born, and dies.
Caught in that sensual music all neglect
Monuments of unageing intellect.

nrico2006

Only saw the Cuckoos nest last year through the free 3month trial with tesco, great show.  Nicholson was brilliant in Batman, and I didn't like the idea of someone else trying to reprise the role.  But when I saw the trailer for the new Batman a few weeks ago when I was at the cinema, Ledger seems to have done a great job.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

his holiness nb

Saw "Once" last night, nice film, very enjoyable. Dont know about brilliant, but nice.
Ask me holy bollix