Started by RedHand88, July 31, 2021, 05:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

TheGreatest

Well done Tyrone, hope you win it now, like the Dubs, Tyrone seem to come in for an awful lot of stick, mostly unwarranted . I like their aggressive style of play and serious ballers all around the pitch, tactically set up perfectly against Kerry, beat 3 div 1 teams in a row to get to the final. Deserve to be there.

Halfquarter

The WUM's are out today, they must have finished eating their sour grapes.

Soju

Quote from: Nanderson on August 29, 2021, 12:34:19 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 29, 2021, 10:35:14 AM
Quote from: sensethetone on August 29, 2021, 10:30:53 AM
Quote from: The Subbie on August 29, 2021, 09:46:24 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 29, 2021, 09:11:29 AM
One thing I noticed on the sky coverage just as the players were coming off after 70mins was the difference in body language between the teams. They showed close ups of the two Clifford's and Brian Ó Beaglaoich, all looked shell-shocked and exhausted. By comparison Hampsey and McCann looked like they were at the start of a match, not the end.
I noticed that
I put it down to the Kerry lads thought that it was theirs to loose and the papers said so
Extra time wasn't in their plans for the day at all at all
Turn up, play the game, run the scoreboard up and the trickiest thing to manage was
making it back to Hueston station for the 17:30 to Tralee
Just turning up mentality cost Kerry a goal when they tried to show boat the ball into the net..

That was a shocking piece of positional awareness by O'Brien. All he had to do was step half a metre back, schoolboy error.
As bad as the positioning for O'Brien was, why o'shea didn't just roll it in with the left i'll never know. i'd imagine most club forwards would have backed themselves in that position
It wasn't O Shea. It was Geaney. This is what happens when u have numpties like D Dolan commenting on games.

trueblue1234

Quote from: TheGreatest on September 02, 2021, 08:54:21 AM
Well done Tyrone, hope you win it now, like the Dubs, Tyrone seem to come in for an awful lot of stick, mostly unwarranted . I like their aggressive style of play and serious ballers all around the pitch, tactically set up perfectly against Kerry, beat 3 div 1 teams in a row to get to the final. Deserve to be there.

Always said you Dubs were sound lads. We don't do half enough for ya's!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

GAABoardMod5

Corkscrew and his unfounded theory post deleted plus any replies.

Clifford always looks pained, a bit like Andy Murray always looked like he was near collapsing in the tennis.  Other guys never look like they even break a sweat, Federer in tennis being an example maybe?

MayoBuck

It's probably just Clifford's tall, stocky build that means he struggles to last the pace in games. He just can't cover the same kilometeres as a small wirey forward.

TheGreatest

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on September 02, 2021, 09:48:47 PM

Clifford always looks pained, a bit like Andy Murray always looked like he was near collapsing in the tennis.  Other guys never look like they even break a sweat, Federer in tennis being an example maybe?

First time in many years i have seen a Mod on here, welcome aboard MOD. Presume you will be active a lot on certain threads about certain teams and certain insults towards certain players from a certain county.

yellowcard

Clifford does have an unusual running style, he always looks very stiff, moves rigidly and carries a pained expression on his face. Damien Duff used to be a bit like that too.

With the level of conditioning reached by inter county players I would be very surprised though if he wasn't fit enough to see out matches. It could simply be the dead leg that he received during the clash with Morgan which forced him off, he seemed to be holding an ice pack on his quad sitting on the bench during extra time. 

omagh_gael

Great analysis from Ballhopper a few pages back, very magnanimous too. I agree that the game was played in an excellent spirit with no dirt whatsoever.

IMO, one major factor (to steal BH's point) was Kerry defenders played very well on individual battles but we came out on top as a defensive unit. I think McKenna's first goal exemplifies this point in that he got space as Moran wasn't quick enough getting back. In fact, he didn't raise a sprint at all to cover him off. Secondly, on all our goals the Kerry backs were running back towards their own goals, this is a chaotic system that is ripe to score goals against.

Compare this to our defending when we, more often than not, had men facing the runners coming in and hitting them hard with multiple supporting bodies. I can only really think of Harte's block as occasion when Kerry completely broke past our unit and had defenders desperately chasing him to close him down. Thankfully, Petey made the excellent block.

Overall it was probably the most enjoyable game I've ever been too (Inc 03, 05 and 08) and I think the final could be an absolute classic. Such a shame it can't be a full house though.

nrico2006

Quote from: TheGreatest on September 03, 2021, 09:16:05 AM

First time in many years i have seen a Mod on here, welcome aboard MOD. Presume you will be active a lot on certain threads about certain teams and certain insults towards certain players from a certain county.

Found the removal of that post strange myself.  If that crosses a threshold of unacceptability, the mod will be busy.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Captain Obvious

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 03, 2021, 01:42:29 PM

Found the removal of that post strange myself.  If that crosses a threshold of unacceptability, the mod will be busy.

It was odd how that Corkscrew unfounded theory stayed up as long as it did.

Corkscrew

And I also received a warning. I'm in the medical field and see plenty of evidence from blood results passing through my desk each day. If I saved one board member's life by they doing the D-dimer test my post was worth it.

hoynevalley

Quote from: Corkscrew on September 03, 2021, 02:30:35 PM

And I also received a warning. I'm in the medical field and see plenty of evidence from blood results passing through my desk each day. If I saved one board member's life by they doing the D-dimer test my post was worth it.

What did u say?

GAABoardMod5

Corkscrew - Quote from your post "The Pfizer vaccine contains the toxin Graphene Oxide".

I believe that is not true, but if you care to correct me with proof, I'll gladly restore your post.

Nanderson

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on September 03, 2021, 08:00:22 PM
Corkscrew - Quote from your post "The Pfizer vaccine contains the toxin Graphene Oxide".

I believe that is not true, but if you care to correct me with proof, I'll gladly restore your post.
He also said he hoped none of the kerry players had the vaccine because if they did they wouldnt be playing in 2 years time which is a wild accusation to make