Irelands Nicest place

Started by Bingo, October 11, 2013, 01:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: ziggy90 on October 12, 2013, 12:59:12 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on October 11, 2013, 04:25:23 PM
The drive from Leenane to Louisburg - nothing like it anywhere.

Stunning, as is the drive along the North Antrim coast.

Both great drives on a sunny day.

I always loved the drive from Cong to Maam Cross in Connemara as well.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Hard to beat a good oul graveyard
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggy90

Picnic table for Tyronies included ;).
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

No Soloing

Quote from: Lecale2 on October 12, 2013, 12:12:02 PM

That is Cushendun, right? I like it and Cushendall - Cushendall, probably more for the pubs.
Kilkenny is the nicest city in Ireland.
Lahinch is the nicest seaside town/village.
I like driving through the Mournes - up round Silent Valley
I drove around Valentia Island one day. It was a lovely sunny day - we stopped at the slate quarry and there were fantastic views.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Lecale2 on October 12, 2013, 12:12:02 PM

Cushendun seems to have got in the way of what the photographer was tying to snap.

Wildweasel74

kilkenny is still the nicest part of Ireland i have been in, best overall spot in Ireland would we either Powerscourt gardens in Wicklow or Johnstown Castle demense outside Wexford, i do hear of a castle demense in clara in offaly but havent been there yet

trileacman

Tallanstown during the harvest.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

seafoid

Glengarrif
Glendalough
The Hogan Stand

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Inistioge Kilkenny has to be up there

laoislad

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 12, 2013, 07:20:50 PM
Inistioge Kilkenny has to be up there
Woodstock Gardens in Inistigoe is a great place to bring a female for a bit of how's your father.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

orangeman

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 11, 2013, 03:41:59 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on October 11, 2013, 03:04:39 PM
An Trá Bán on An Blascaod Mór is beautiful as is the Dingle Peninsula as a whole. I also liked Baltimore in west Cork.

+1

+1

Incredible beauty.

5 Sams

Spectacular alright...but wouldn't even be in the top 5 places to see in West Kerry.
http://www.dingle-region.com/enter.htm
Conor Pass. An Fear Marbh. Mam Clasach. Coomeenole srl, srl,srl.
The Aristocrat Years

BennyCake

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 13, 2013, 10:44:31 PM
Spectacular alright...but wouldn't even be in the top 5 places to see in West Kerry.

Coomenole beach, that's the one with the road leading to the beach (featured in Ryan's Daughter I believe, and it's the same place the man on the scooter drives down on TG4). I've been there a few times. It is absolutely beautiful, one of my favourite spots in all of Ireland.

Dunquin pier is just around the road, and it's definitely worth a visit. It's the one you always see on postcards, with the sheep coming up the wee windy path. That part of the world is simply stunning.

orangeman

Quote from: BennyCake on October 13, 2013, 11:49:59 PM

Coomenole beach, that's the one with the road leading to the beach (featured in Ryan's Daughter I believe, and it's the same place the man on the scooter drives down on TG4). I've been there a few times. It is absolutely beautiful, one of my favourite spots in all of Ireland.

Dunquin pier is just around the road, and it's definitely worth a visit. It's the one you always see on postcards, with the sheep coming up the wee windy path. That part of the world is simply stunning.

An Beal Ban lovely too.

nrico2006

Quote from: orangeman on October 14, 2013, 12:23:38 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 13, 2013, 11:49:59 PM

An Beal Ban lovely too.

An Srath Ban lovely too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'