Irelands Nicest place

Started by Bingo, October 11, 2013, 01:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

The drive from Leenane to Louisburg - nothing like it anywhere.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

HiMucker

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 11, 2013, 04:07:43 PM
Driving into Sligo from Enniskillen, there is a lake with a mountain behind it.
Think that might be lough Sheelin.  Beautiful place

laoislad

Ballysun can be mun in the fun.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

glens abu

Quote from: Billys Boots on October 11, 2013, 04:25:23 PM
The drive from Leenane to Louisburg - nothing like it anywhere.

Agree with that,beautiful drive from Cong through Leenane into Westport,also Antrim coast and poison glen Donegal

J OGorman

Agree wholeheartedly with Westport.  Co West Cork is incredible but id say Keem Bay on Achille is the most beautiful spot in Ireland...amazing place

BennyCake

Quote from: J OGorman on October 11, 2013, 05:29:40 PM
Agree wholeheartedly with Westport.  Co West Cork is incredible but id say Keem Bay on Achille is the most beautiful spot in Ireland...amazing place

Keem is a nice spot alright. As is Keel beach.

I'd also include Avoca, and Inishmore, especially standing at the cliff edge at Dun Aonghusa. I always thought the location of Drumcliff church in Sligo was fantastic.

muppet

Here is a Russian website (bizzarrely) with some fantastic photos of Keem Bay: http://world-beaches.ru/2013/01/16/keem/

Including this one with the Minaun Cliffs in the background:

MWWSI 2017

general_lee

Rossglass, Killough, County Down.

Probably more of an emotional attachment for myself. Nonetheless, a nice part of the world. If the spides aren't about that is.

Tony Baloney

Glenariffe. Through a padlock and chain on this thread.

Syferus

Oh, straight to the Russians, eh Muppet? For posterity's sake, Keem beach is, err, a beach but Keel beach is part of a village of the same name on the island. That beach is good but it's not a scratch on Keem:

Roscommon brings home the bacon, as usual.

Captain Obvious

Loop head,Inishbofin,Glen of Aherlow.

J OGorman

Quote from: muppet on October 11, 2013, 06:06:17 PM
Here is a Russian website (bizzarrely) with some fantastic photos of Keem Bay: http://world-beaches.ru/2013/01/16/keem/

Including this one with the Minaun Cliffs in the background:

wow...some great pics on that site. We spent a great day at Keem earlier this year, couple of days before the AISF. Sun shining, boogie boards on the go and a wee picnic. Wouldnt have wanted to be anywhere else in the world. Cycled to Achille from Mulranny the next day on the Greenway....great holiday

J OGorman

Kinnego, Donegal's equivalent of Keem (witnessed a frisky German couple on Kinnego beach one morning taking naked pics of each other the dirty bruts)

Club Rossa

J OGorman

Quote from: Club Rossa on October 11, 2013, 10:03:35 PM
Has to be Larne ;)

careful now, young Feeney from Newry slagged off Larne and look what happened to him @ Inver Park !