Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: milltown row on November 17, 2006, 10:07:41 AM

Regarding the Dunloy problem. The county board have refused Naomh Gall the game.

Well somebody is lying milltown because I have it on good authority that St Gall were asked twice if they would play the match
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

The county board did not even ask us to play the game. That's what I've been told. To be fair I'm not in the inner circle but would but would be speaking regularly with the senior members and committee, like I did on Saturday night and that was there answer. They could have been telling me porkies but...the fact of the matter is there was a ball's up and two sets of lads have missed out and it's a hollow victory.

theskull1

Quote from: milltown row on November 17, 2006, 11:39:03 AM
The county board did not even ask us to play the game. That's what I've been told.

As I've said...someone is lying

slow corner back

Skull First I apologise for referring to u in  the original post, as I said in my second post, thirty seconds later, I clearly was not paying attention. Secondly I played for a long time and I never once pulled on boots just to go out and fulfill a fixture, there is such a thing as pride in urself and ur jersey and complaining about the opposition trying to hard is a lame excuse. Thirdly anyone with even a fleeting knowledge of Antrim GAA will know that leagues structures are changed almost every year and certainly every second to third year. Yes you are correct to say this is unfair and unjust and my own club has both benifitted and suffered from it in the past as I am sure St Galls have, however it is not a huge surprise.
Anyway my question which no one answered/ knows the answer to is what are the proposed changes and how far down do they go.

milltown row

according to an "Antrim official" it's just hearsay and nothing will be changed. your right I've played every game to win whether it's Guess Who with my kids or hurling. but the fact remains that (and if you had have been there) they had a different degree of intensity in playing that game (ballycastle) if they had have played like that all year then they could have went a lot further than they did.

it's about time the sorted out the hurling leagues properly. the football leagues are a roaring success, even the lower leagues in hurling all the teams seem to be fighting for positions, but the senior league has been a joke for a number of years.

wondering

wat about these senior football trials has anybody impressed? what does everyone think the team and panel wiil be?

gaafan123

who should be antrim captain tis year? if mr mcgourty was elected captain he may curtail his off field antics and prove very beneficial to th team.. wot do u think?

saffronman

giving mc gourty captaincy would make his ego trip even more theatrical, i honest dont know how he could captain a team, any game i have seen him in he has given abuse to every man that makes a mistake and even towards management, this isn't the behaviour of a county captain! i hear he and fellow st galls men havent made a show at trials as yet, interesting!

Queenie

Quote from: saffronman on November 18, 2006, 01:59:43 PM
giving mc gourty captaincy would make his ego trip even more theatrical, i honest dont know how he could captain a team, any game i have seen him in he has given abuse to every man that makes a mistake and even towards management, this isn't the behaviour of a county captain! i hear he and fellow st galls men havent made a show at trials as yet, interesting!

I am great believer in the alledged rumour that he,s wrestling with issues of comming out of the Closit, emdrace it kevin it does,nt make you a bad person.
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

Forgot me Boots

If the St Galls players, or any player for that matter, don't appear for trials and dont get picked will the supporters stand behind the manager for taking a stand? Or will it be a case of we pick the best available and to hell with the boys who go everytime and are prepared to stand up and be counted?

Comments

slow corner back

Any white smoke from Casement yet about the managers job? The decision was meant to be confirmed tonight wasnt it?

Glensman

Apologies if I have missed something on this thread before about this but is it the case a few of the St Galls contingent did not attend trials/are not putting themselves forward because of what happened to Culbert?

So anyone in the know - is this a training panel with a view to maybe bringing people on board later in the year/start of the season?

And finally...any word on the hurling?

aontroim abu

It was confirmed last night that sambo and woody have been appointed as the county hurling managers. They won the vote from the floor , which was not as close as a lot of people expected.

theskull1

Quote from: aontroim abu on November 21, 2006, 10:00:51 AM
It was confirmed last night that sambo and woody have been appointed as the county hurling managers. They won the vote from the floor , which was not as close as a lot of people expected.

I thought this was to be decided by a separate committee?

saffron

It that not very harsh - I cant claim to know very much about club hurling or the last manager but I go to the majority of the county hurling games and Jim McKernan did everything that was asked of him.

On what basis was this decision made? Is it simply that the position is up for grabs every year? In the interests of continuity this seems a bad decision