Online dating advice

Started by Emmett, June 28, 2022, 11:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Milltown Row2

Not that would but it would have to be a serious operator to get me down the aisle...

Donna Traynor?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Rois on June 29, 2022, 01:17:37 PM
How has everyone missed this? I'm sure a fair few of us on here know.
Sure you couldn't have missed him looking lovingly into <insert name's> eyes!  ;D

It was the naked photo of BC with the Andy Merrigan replica covering his modesty that sealed the deal.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Emmett on June 28, 2022, 11:01:18 PM
Evening all.

I've been single for about 6 months now, 35 years old and I'm ready to move on. I've always found it difficult to meet the right type of girl in a pub/club so seriously considering the world of online dating.

Has anyone got any tips on the below topics and beyond these? Any help would be brilliant!

* Photos. Obviously vital but what type of photos? How many?

* Bio. Blank? Short but sweet? Deep and meaningful? Pure humour? If anyone has written a good bio don't be shy on posting it here lol

* Which apps/sites are best in Ireland? I assume paying monthly will give better results.

* Opening line advice for matches. Presumably most ladies are not going to want a generic "Hey, how are you?"

This world is completely new to me and a bit daunting tbh
I know a few people who have been successful with online dating resulting in marriage etc.

As others have said there is no point putting up a photo from years ago and pretending you are something you aren't as it all backfires when you meet up. Just be honest.

If you google how to create best online dating bio there will no doubt be plenty of articles on how to market yourself. I'd send you a link but I'm afraid of the missus checking my google searches  :D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 29, 2022, 01:58:21 PM
Sure you couldn't have missed him looking lovingly into <insert name's> eyes!  ;D

It was the naked photo of BC with the Andy Merrigan replica covering his modesty that sealed the deal.

;D

trueblue1234

Best advice is don't get too bogged down in messaging! Few txts, if going well meet for a coffee/ drink. You don't need pen friends.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 29, 2022, 02:19:25 PM

;D

I heard it was the medal he got for winning it rather than a replica of the trophy tbh

Tony Baloney

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 29, 2022, 02:34:13 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 29, 2022, 02:19:25 PM

;D

I heard it was the medal he got for winning it rather than a replica of the trophy tbh
;D

imtommygunn

I was at a wedding about eight years ago where they met on world of Warcraft online. Married with two or three kids now.

tiempo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 29, 2022, 11:39:26 AM
There's plenty of deadly women out there who simply don't have the time and also want to cut through the BS

Very true

Know a few boring individuals that have castigated people for meeting their +1 online, not easy being perfect I'd say

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 29, 2022, 03:17:23 PM
I was at a wedding about eight years ago where they met on world of Warcraft online. Married with two or three kids now.

Warcraft!! Christ I'm sure it wasn't your typical wedding attire
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Is is someone from Strabane ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 29, 2022, 03:36:26 PM

I wasn't sure what I was in for (wife's friends) but they were two down to earth decent people. None of that dressing up or I'd have had something else on that day lol.

Used to be a stigma with the online but standard enough now which is good. I do wonder how online dating worked during lockdown...

Keyser soze

Met a woman on POF one time who was using her daughter's pic as her profile.  The Da must have been a good looking fella is all I'm saying. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 29, 2022, 03:56:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 29, 2022, 03:36:26 PM

I wasn't sure what I was in for (wife's friends) but they were two down to earth decent people. None of that dressing up or I'd have had something else on that day lol.

Used to be a stigma with the online but standard enough now which is good. I do wonder how online dating worked during lockdown...

I'd a few friends on Match.com, would have thought that looked more sensible that Plenty of fish and Tinder!?