Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Did he leave on good terms with Monaghan the first time?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

I don't think Antrim were properly financed to support Bantys wish list at the time. Fitzy cut his cloth to suit, fair play he wasn't doing it for the money.

Our county finances are much healthier than they were. It won't be unlimited, but within reason all basics are well covered and we don't need to accept the "value" option as has been the case in the past.

Should Banty (or anyone)put his name forward he will be dealing with a progressive county official in our county treasurer.

Spike

Quote from: bannside on June 29, 2022, 02:10:45 PM
I don't think Antrim were properly financed to support Bantys wish list at the time. Fitzy cut his cloth to suit, fair play he wasn't doing it for the money.

Our county finances are much healthier than they were. It won't be unlimited, but within reason all basics are well covered and we don't need to accept the "value" option as has been the case in the past.

Should Banty (or anyone)put his name forward he will be dealing with a progressive county official in our county treasurer.

Good.  you get what you pay for

imtommygunn

I would prefer not to have Banty. Not someone I rate overly tbh.

Saffrongael

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 29, 2022, 03:20:19 PM

He would be just mailing it in as Antrim manager. Good for a few quips in an interview but should be looking for a younger hungry manager
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Saffsof82

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 29, 2022, 03:23:33 PM

He would be just mailing it in as Antrim manager. Good for a few quips in an interview but should be looking for a younger hungry manager

Did we not just try that?

country bumpkin

Quote from: Saffsof82 on June 29, 2022, 04:22:54 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on June 29, 2022, 03:23:33 PM

Did we not just try that?

Only my opinion but is Banty's best years behind him...

paddyjohn

Banty & Tony Scullion dream team.

quit yo jibbajabba

Scullion would turn Ballymena bleck. BLECKKKKKKK

Sorry, more bleckkkkkkkkk

bannside

Just realised it's co treasurer big Donal Murphy you're talking about G&T. Man puts in some shift, great operator and has good ambition for Antrim (considering he's a Down man lol). Their loss - our gain!

See Rossa nip a point off league leaders - they are hard to beat at Rossa Pk as we found out! Ballymena starting to motor by the look of things.

Saffsof82

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 29, 2022, 09:47:58 PM

Very good 😂😂😂😂

paddyjohn

Scullion is some man.

Lár na páirce 1

Good hard hitting game in toome tonight
St John's will upset someome in that champ group.big physical side 

BrendanAntrim

Our own version 👏👏

Would ye whist

Got a bit fiery at times and for me that was down to John's not having the football in them nor the fitness, we looked good with a decent amount of men to come back if we can get them fit, however Kickhams are still the men to beat

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on June 29, 2022, 11:34:06 PM
Good hard hitting game in toome tonight
St John's will upset someome in that champ group.big physical side