Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Targetman

Anyone on here been to Menorca, going next week and wondering if anywhere would be showing the GAA

gawa316

Cheers I'll check out some of those New Orleans places. Would love to do a swamp tour and Bourban st is on the agenda just to say I was there

JimStynes

Who's the main package holiday people flying out of Dublin? I have had flights cancelled to France and want to get something else booked. I'm not going to bother booking with easyJet as there are too many stories of people having holidays ruined with flights being cancelled at the last minute.

An Watcher

Hi there, flying out of Dublin with Aer Lingus next month and in a bit of a dilemma whether to book seats or not? Costs 80 euros in total which is better in my pocket than AL but with 2 young kids there's always the worry we don't get seated together.  Any thoughts?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: An Watcher on June 29, 2022, 04:43:52 PM
Hi there, flying out of Dublin with Aer Lingus next month and in a bit of a dilemma whether to book seats or not? Costs 80 euros in total which is better in my pocket than AL but with 2 young kids there's always the worry we don't get seated together.  Any thoughts?

Just gamble... especially with young kids, I'd rather they annoy someone else..

On a serious note we've done it in the past and never any issues, you'll usual get someone to accommodate you if all else fails
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

I had actually thought when kids are below a certain age the airline legally had to seat you together (I know the bastids ask you to pay or you will may be in random seats)

An Watcher

I think it's another way to get money and ordinarily I wouldn't mind but 80 Yo-Yos is 80 Yo-Yos

Rois

Just set a reminder to check in as soon as it opens (36hrs before?)  and I'm sure there will be enough spots.
We are flying Swiss Air in a couple of weeks and have two under 2. We can't sit together - we have to sit one in front of the other. I get the 4 month old since I'm feeding him, OH gets the 21 month old who won't sit still  ;D

thewobbler

I've never paid it.

Usually works out in your favour anyhow.

seafoid

Quote from: Rois on June 29, 2022, 09:07:59 PM
Just set a reminder to check in as soon as it opens (36hrs before?)  and I'm sure there will be enough spots.
We are flying Swiss Air in a couple of weeks and have two under 2. We can't sit together - we have to sit one in front of the other. I get the 4 month old since I'm feeding him, OH gets the 21 month old who won't sit still  ;D
We flew out of Geneva one Christmas when our son w was 2. He wanted the window.  He started a running commentary. We are reversing. We are going forward. We are taking off. But there was an echo. I looked back about 10 rows. Every window seat was occupied by a 2 year old boy doing a running commentary. It was so cute.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

bigfrank

Heading to Kerry for a week shortly,spent a weekend in Killarney drinking pints a long time ago but would be hopeful of getting a bit more done this time with family,anyone any suggestions or things they recommend to do weather permitting.

Anyone been up Carrauntoohil Mountain? Has been discussed amongst the group as something to do,I'm assuming it's not for the faint hearted,biggest in Ireland. We wanna go to dingle,Waterville,ring of Kerry etc but would love to hear peoples thoughts

BrotherMore6592

Was in Killarney last august and didn't like it at all to be honest. Like you I'd been previously about 10 years ago.

It's a bit run down and very touristy/full of foreigners (where isn't!).

Found the restaurants and bars to be just as expensive as Dublin and being a foodie, the restaurants left a lot to be desired, quality wasn't there at all.

Even Kerry people will tell you there's a lot nicer towns in Kerry and even cork.

On a personal note aside I can't ever see me taking my family anywhere in Ireland for more than one night anytime in the near future.
I can't stomach giving ridiculous prices to Irish hoteliers when the weather is absolutely sh#te here. The way they price the hotels / b&bs/ restaurants you'd think we all lived in London or Portugal with beautiful weather.

It might cos a bit to get a flight and involve a bit of effort but it's worth it 95% of the time going abroad. Lot more memories than heading to Kerry and it lashing. Each to their own, whatever you enjoy.
One or two nights is enough but spending a week in place like this is bonkers

Armagh18

Quote from: bigfrank on July 03, 2022, 02:20:19 PM
Heading to Kerry for a week shortly,spent a weekend in Killarney drinking pints a long time ago but would be hopeful of getting a bit more done this time with family,anyone any suggestions or things they recommend to do weather permitting.

Anyone been up Carrauntoohil Mountain? Has been discussed amongst the group as something to do,I'm assuming it's not for the faint hearted,biggest in Ireland. We wanna go to dingle,Waterville,ring of Kerry etc but would love to hear peoples thoughts
Have done it a few times. Unreal experience but definitely not for the faint hearted. If its's your first time, absolutely hire a guide they go up daily with groups, you could genuinely end up in danger if a mist comes in. There are a few different routes up and down.  Take plenty of food and water and warm clothes as it can be chilly at the top. The views if it's clear are breathtaking.

Milltown Row2

So Kerry wasn't great?

Was in Dingle 4 years ago.. Smashing time, food great craic mighty, wife not fussed on those long journeys (hates me driving)

But understand things are through the roof now...

That said was in Donegal this weekend, friends have house just before Dunfanaghy, cracking time, went to McCarrys pub for food and drink, 6 of us, few drinks each mains... €144 euro.. can't be bad to that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea