Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

All ireland hurling final and last round of the open tomorrow
Give the Mrs the card and tell her not not hurry back
Make sure she takes the weans
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Rois

Bought my OH a round of golf at a v scenic course on holiday for Father's Day.
He thinks he'll finish the round and stay there to watch some play.
I will have had the 2 under 2 for at least 5 hrs by then. We will be there to clap him off the 18th green and hand at least one of them over.
I don't want the card.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Rois on July 16, 2022, 09:20:45 PM
I will have had the 2 under 2 for at least 5 hrs by then. We will be there to clap him off the 18th green and hand at least one of them over.
I don't want the card.

Sorry Rois, I understand but you're in the minority in here
If it was me it would still be OK
Just the the 1 year old to the bar !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Rois

What should I ask for? I love my children, but I'm the one paying golf club membership fees this year, not him!

gallsman

What's his tee time? They'll be having a decent nap, so you don't get the full five hours credit in the ledger  ;)

gawa316

Quote from: Rois on July 16, 2022, 09:20:45 PM
I don't want the card.

Ah give him an hour or so to watch the Open and have a few pints. If the shoe was on the other foot what would you want?

screenexile

That was great stuff today two lads at the top of their game going at it. Hopefully we'll see something similar tomorrow with both playing well.

Scoring will be less than 20 but plenty of testing holes to finish which should throw up some drama. Just hope the hurling is over before we get there. Could be a tablet + tv job!!!

Ghost

I like McIlroy and he has a lot of haters on here, but what's the deal with Sky calling him the greatest player of his generation? Is that not a bit OTT at this stage of his career or is it to do with all the defections to LIV?

quit yo jibbajabba

As an aside has anyone noticed how similar McIlroy and Hovland look from the side?! Could be brothers 😃

Hound

Quote from: Ghost on July 17, 2022, 08:12:19 AM
I like McIlroy and he has a lot of haters on here, but what's the deal with Sky calling him the greatest player of his generation? Is that not a bit OTT at this stage of his career or is it to do with all the defections to LIV?
Very subjective and I don't think anyone stands out definitively and there's be very much recency bias in someone calling for it as this moment, as win or lose, there's no doubt Rory is in great form. 

To analyse, you'd need to define who are the other successful golfers 'of his generation', then compare
- major wins
- pga tour wins
- career prize money
- no. of weeks as World no.1
- I'd even throw in Ryder Cup WLD record for US/EUR golfers given the intense pressure of that comp, although less important than the others

And probably a bit early to be calling it.

trileacman

Quote from: Hound on July 17, 2022, 09:34:07 AM
Quote from: Ghost on July 17, 2022, 08:12:19 AM
Very subjective and I don't think anyone stands out definitively and there's be very much recency bias in someone calling for it as this moment, as win or lose, there's no doubt Rory is in great form. 

To analyse, you'd need to define who are the other successful golfers 'of his generation', then compare
- major wins
- pga tour wins
- career prize money
- no. of weeks as World no.1
- I'd even throw in Ryder Cup WLD record for US/EUR golfers given the intense pressure of that comp, although less important than the others

And probably a bit early to be calling it.

In the post woods/ mickelson era I think it's either Rory or Koepka is it not? Admittedly I'm using major wins as the barometer here but still.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

quit yo jibbajabba

Had a nosey on wiki yday while watching - a quick glance has him on 4 majors as we know, joint 20th overall. I could only see faldo and seve ahead of him in the modern era as far as europeans go, and then theres a pile of boys below him on 3 2 even 1 major reads like a whos who of golf.

I know he gets stick for bein a choker and at times theres a pattern to his 4 rounds in a major but hes consistently in the conversation for the majors recently and still relatively young with few peers as far as Europe goes. Im rambling so ill stop

screenexile

He won the award for best player of the decade in the 2010s so not unreasonable to say he's been the best player of "the generation".

He's won the same amount of majors as Brooks but more PGA tour wins and has 2 FedEx Cups so not unreasonable to call him the best player of the generation I think!

Mikhail Prokhorov

ah lads come on, lets see what happens today  ;)

if he chokes it away in his usual style, the nonsense about being the best can stop

if he manages to crawl over the line, i will quit this board  ;D

(until the masters anyway lol)

Turf

Mcilroy probably raging he's missing the All Ireland Final.