Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smort

Quote from: AustinPowers on March 06, 2023, 12:29:49 PM
That display was  absolutely shocking

I remember Mick Mc Carthy  commentating on a game once and  talking about Keystone cops defending.  That's what that looked like yesterday.   A team who decided to throw a match would have defended better.  It was as  if they staggered out of the pub after 10 pints.

I always thought Antony was a liability.  When he  did that  360 turn with the ball , I rolled my eyes and thought,  he won't be here long.  I still think that

De gea should have done better with  2 or 3 of those.  If you watch him , he actually makes himself smaller rather than bigger.  Making it easier for the attacker. He has not improved one  bit in 12 years . He didn't even try with the first one. Although   when you look at  how much time Henderson got to  whip in the cross for no 5 (or 6) , that  was truly shocking , so gk not  at fault for all goals.

A seriously embarrassing  performance.  I'd run the shite out of the useless feckers through Manchester City centre today   . Make them take their  tops off , so supporters  can "stab them with a wet dishcloth " , as the aul fella use to say

Come on now, could be argued he has been the best player over the last 12 years!

trailer

Quote from: blasmere on March 06, 2023, 11:48:36 AM
Quote from: trailer on March 06, 2023, 11:23:03 AM
Well that's that. If anything it has highlighted how light the squad is. McTominay once again cemented his place as one of the worst Utd players I have ever seen.
Fernandes needs a personality transplant. Shaw who has been very good lately fell into his old ways. Fred again was a liability.

Having said all that Rashford missed a huge chance. Score that and it's a different game. But these are the fine margins.
Loserpool had a great second half. Flopp seemed delighted although he's always got a huge Turkey Teeth grin so can be hard to tell.

Why are you such a dick?

Nothing you say on this board has any credence when you post sh*t like this. The board would be a better place without you and give it to the shooters.

Lol. I love that you care sooo much.

J70

Its a fair point trailer. I'm sure you have worthwhile things to say, but when you mix in all the childish name calling and wind up nonsense, you just come across as an immature moron. But maybe I'm doing you a disservice and you really are a schoolkid.

trailer

Quote from: J70 on March 06, 2023, 01:20:31 PM
Its a fair point trailer. I'm sure you have worthwhile things to say, but when you mix in all the childish name calling and wind up nonsense, you just come across as an immature moron. But maybe I'm doing you a disservice and you really are a schoolkid.

Don't take it so serious. We won't get out alive anyway.

gawa316

Anyone check on EC Unique? Hope he's okay

Muck Savage

Welcome back Liverpool fans to the Man United Thread.

United were terrible yesterday but its one game and unfortunately against Liverpool. United are a work in progress and if anyone had said at the begin of the season they would make this progress everyone would be happy. They are still a work in progress with a lot areas that need improvement. United goal from the start of the season was to try get into top 4, that should still be the goal. They have been looking tired the last few games and there is a lacking of quality in depth that will need a few more transfer windows to address. Liverpool on the other hand were pushing for multiple trophies this time last year and didnt become a bad team overnight, even with them out of all domestic cups, premier league and at the exit door of the CL.

RedHand88

GNev not appearing on MNF tonight now. What an absolute tube.

tonto1888

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 06, 2023, 06:21:56 PM

any reason?

Captain Scarlet

He will need to do an Insta Live Collab from home. Jamie might ring him on air.

Hahaha hahaha etc.

Those two need their banter wings clipped.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

NAG1

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 06, 2023, 06:47:04 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 06, 2023, 06:21:56 PM

any reason?

He was never scheduled to be on it last night.

Woeful performance, but as most fans with any sense have been saying the team are still short of competing at the very top level. Which shows the job ETH is actually doing with good organisation and discipline, when both those things collapse you see what happens with sunday's result.

Hopefully this gives him the ammunition to get the backing he needs to keep reshaping the squad.

Armamike

Rome wasn't built in a day, as the saying goes.  Ten Hag has done really well over the past few months, and getting a trophy of any sort so early is impressive.  But, it usually takes a couple or more years for a new manager to get the team to where he wants it.  There's no short cuts to sustained success.  His signings to date have worked out fairly well (Antony needs to buck up) but two of his most important players - Casemiro and Varanne are both around 30 and won't be the future bedrock of his team. As a Liverpool fan I'd be more worried about Manu if those two were brought in at 25.  So the team is going to have evolve and that will take a bit of time.
That's just, like your opinion man.

square_ball

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on March 06, 2023, 09:29:12 PM
He will need to do an Insta Live Collab from home. Jamie might ring him on air.

Hahaha hahaha etc.

Those two need their banter wings clipped.

The football is a sideshow now for Sky - as long as Neville and Carragher have their banter together they are happy. A f**king camera on them during the game too for their reactions is pathetic and they both love playing up to the camera. Leave them to analyse the actual football which they are both good at though Neville is losing a the run of himself.

Saffrongael

The reaction cameras are the worst sort of bollocks, there is always one for Ian Wright to perform like a seal. Performative, scripted shite
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

NAG1

It's all sh*t but it is the cult of personality at the minute, these guys have to try to keep themselves relevant so they won't say no to the agenda being pushed toward them constantly.

It is what it is, I try not to let it annoy me. MNF when the two boys are actually doing tactical analysis is usually bang on and pretty informative. TBF Ian Wright has never provided this kind of insight so he has to perform is other ways to keep getting invited back.

Armamike

The post match discussion on Sunday turned into a pub slanging.

Thought Carragher's analysis on MNF of the man-to-man tactic used by Man U on Sunday and how that opened up spaces was interesting.
That's just, like your opinion man.