Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Week 1

Saturday 16 April
Ulster SFC preliminary round: Fermanagh v Tyrone Tyrone by 5

Sunday 17 April

Connacht SFC quarter-finals: London v Leitrim; Leitrim by 1

New York v Sligo Sligo By 7
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clubman21

Saturday 16 April: Ulster SFC preliminary round:

Fermanagh v Tyrone Tyrone by 8

Sunday 17 April: Connacht SFC quarter-finals:

London v Leitrim Leitrim by 2

New York v Sligo Sligo by 7

David McKeown

Quote from: JoG2 on April 07, 2022, 09:34:18 AM
Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on April 07, 2022, 08:58:44 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on April 07, 2022, 08:49:17 AM
Not to be one to criticise but is band 1 not really 4 choices. 0-3 rather than 1-3 if a penalty win counts as a 1 point win. I meant to say this during the league but didn't want to look like I was interfering. Also forgot to pick 1 point wins that day because I am an idiot

Show me a team that won a game by 0 and then we'll talk.

The organiser and the champ at loggerheads and the Championship hasn't thrown in. One more poster joins in and we have a melee

I think 2 people makes it a melee to be fair.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Blowitupref

Saturday 16 April

Ulster SFC preliminary round

Fermanagh v Tyrone, Brewster Park, 6.30pm - Tyrone by 8

Sunday 17 April

Connacht SFC quarter-finals

London v Leitrim, Ruislip, 2.30pm - Leitrim by 3

New York v Sligo, Gaelic Park, 7.30pm - Sligo by 15
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

David McKeown

Not to be one to criticise but is band 1 not really 4 choices. 0-3 rather than 1-3 if a penalty win counts as a 1 point win. I meant to say this during the league but didn't want to look like I was interfering. Also forgot to pick 1 point wins that day because I am an idiot

The point I'm making is the game can finish in any of the following ways. A match can end after normal time with a result in any of the brackets. Each bracket has theoretically the same chances as they are all the same width. Similarly it can end after extra time with a result in any of the three brackets. Or the result can end after penalties but if it does the result is only in one bracket. So statistically speaking if you pick a win in bracket one you have an extra chance of being right that you don't get in any other bracket.

I'm happy with whatever you decide. It's your competition and you ran it so well previously it's just something that struck me

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: David McKeown on April 07, 2022, 03:22:27 PM

The point I'm making is the game can finish in any of the following ways. A match can end after normal time with a result in any of the brackets. Each bracket has theoretically the same chances as they are all the same width. Similarly it can end after extra time with a result in any of the three brackets. Or the result can end after penalties but if it does the result is only in one bracket. So statistically speaking if you pick a win in bracket one you have an extra chance of being right that you don't get in any other bracket.

I'm happy with whatever you decide. It's your competition and you ran it so well previously it's just something that struck me

Yes...a result of a 1 point winning margin can occur 3 ways - after 70 mins, AET, or after penalties.  Other margins can occur only twice, although a 10 point winning margin AET would indeed be rare.

So the contestants that choose a bracket 1 winning margin should have a slight advantage. 

J70

David McKeown

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on April 07, 2022, 06:33:54 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on April 07, 2022, 03:22:27 PM

Yes...a result of a 1 point winning margin can occur 3 ways - after 70 mins, AET, or after penalties.  Other margins can occur only twice, although a 10 point winning margin AET would indeed be rare.

So the contestants that choose a bracket 1 winning margin should have a slight advantage.

Yes that's exactly what I was trying to say. That and that I noticed said advantage before the final round of league games and then didn't use it (picking two two point wins instead) because I am an idiot. Like the guy who knows the answer to the Monty Hall problem but ignores it anyway

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Muck Savage

Fermanagh v Tyrone Tyrone by 10

London v Leitrim Leitrim by 3

New York v Sligo Sligo by 10

David McKeown

Quote from: ONeill on April 07, 2022, 09:43:18 PM
I think David needs a one game ban for his insolence.

Sure I had a self imposed five game ban and still won the league at a canter*

*Please note my tongue is very much in my cheek here.  Queue spectacular last lace finish in the championship

rosnarun

Fermanagh v Tyrone Tyrone x5
London v Leitrim Leitrim x11
New York v Sligo    Sligo x 15
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...