Who’s Been Cancelled??

Started by screenexile, June 20, 2020, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: clarshack on March 29, 2023, 02:16:23 PM
Hannon's tweets are disgusting and a lot more 'Far Right' than what Kellie Harrington has tweeted, and it seems he has been busy deleting the evidence today.
ger gilroy rolling the snow balls someone else throwing them .

Itchy

Quote from: Gmac on March 29, 2023, 03:51:19 PM
Hannon's tweets are disgusting and a lot more 'Far Right' than what Kellie Harrington has tweeted, and it seems he has been busy deleting the evidence today.

Read some of Hannons tweets, pretty pathetic stuff from him too. That said, doesnt mean he was wrong to hold Kellie Harrington to account.

Kidder81

Quote from: Itchy on March 29, 2023, 04:26:26 PM

Read some of Hannons tweets, pretty pathetic stuff from him too. That said, doesnt mean he was wrong to hold Kellie Harrington to account.

Not wrong, just a hypocrite

Louther

Quote from: Itchy on March 29, 2023, 04:26:26 PM

The main issue isn't the question, it's how it was handled. Kellie could easily have answered and the matter would have been out to bed at the time. Instead it was a flame to the minority to go after both sides.

The irony of Ewan MacKenna highlighting Hannon deleting tweets (and all the while sitting on both sides of the fence, as usual) or Colm Parkinson falling over himself to highlight Hannon deleting tweets but saying he has no problem with them, he just wants a pile on. And then you've politicians calling for Spar to remove Harrington from her role.

It's a shit show. People shouting at the clouds about stuff that in no way impacts or really affects them. 

gallsman

MacKenna is genuinely unhinged and has been for years. Is now bringing Gary Lineker into it as if it's some sort of free speech issue

Wooly is as thick as two planks but thinks he's an enlightened genius.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Never beat the deeler

People can grow and change opinions / gain more experience and understanding of the world.

People can also throw an opinion out in the ether without fully thinking them through.
The difference as I see it, is that:
- KH opinion was a few months ago and she has not commented publicly on the tweet (afaiaa). Hannon's tweets seem to be ill-adjudged 'banter' between soccer following teenagers from 10 years ago
- If she was misunderstood, she could have either clarified her position, if not, she could have doubled down and explained. I think she panicked in the face of a live interview, but surely her agent/PR person/someone in her backroom team would have discussed this with her since October! She deleted the tweet, so she knew it was contentious.

I think if she said something like "I retweeted something that I took at face value, that later realised was from a non-reliable source. I was drawn to the story of a young girl raped and murdered." then some people would still not be happy, but it would have blown over.
I don't believe her statement issued since the incident goes far enough to clarify either way.

The reason she was so unprepared, is the fact that no journalist has actually asked the question to date (again, afaiaa)

Anyone trying to equate Hannon's tweets from 10 years ago to KH from October, has other motives
Hasta la victoria siempre

Milltown Row2

Hannon is now media savvy so well able to throw out a statement showing his embarrassment at such a tweet when he was young and stupid and easily led, people develop and learn all the time and change their views regardless of what age they are.

This boxer on reflection at some point may change hers and that's a good thing too. As for her actually having a PR person are you sure she has?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2023, 07:37:44 AM
Hannon is now media savvy so well able to throw out a statement showing his embarrassment at such a tweet when he was young and stupid and easily led, people develop and learn all the time and change their views regardless of what age they are.

This boxer on reflection at some point may change hers and that's a good thing too. As for her actually having a PR person are you sure she has?

I have no idea whether she has or not, which is why I said
Quotebut surely her agent/PR person/someone in her backroom team would have discussed this with her since October

You don't need a degree in Public Relations (does such a thing exist) to discuss a story about her that was in the news at the time and one that she could have expected to be asked about
Hasta la victoria siempre

Baile Brigín 2

. As for her actually having a PR person are you sure she has?

Was the lady talking over the interview a ghost?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on March 31, 2023, 10:53:30 AM

Was she trained in PR or just a mate? I've no idea, that's why I asked.. Give me her name I'll check her out  ;D

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 31, 2023, 10:56:24 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on March 31, 2023, 10:53:30 AM

Was she trained in PR or just a mate? I've no idea, that's why I asked.. Give me her name I'll check her out  ;D

I think it's fairly obvious she was from the Spar PR department

rosnarun

Quote from: gallsman on March 29, 2023, 05:12:06 PM
MacKenna is genuinely unhinged and has been for years. Is now bringing Gary Lineker into it as if it's some sort of free speech issue

so does every one who disagrees with you have mental issues?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

gallsman

Quote from: rosnarun on March 31, 2023, 03:22:19 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 29, 2023, 05:12:06 PM

so does every one who disagrees with you have mental issues?

No, of course not. "Ewan MacKenna is a lunatic" is hardly a particularly out there opinion. Perhaps you disagree.