The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on March 14, 2023, 05:00:54 PM
Yup this one here. Midfield of dreams in that pic...keeper of nightmares though!

So is the supposed new one a throwback to that one or the 90s version !
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on March 14, 2023, 05:07:14 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on March 14, 2023, 05:00:54 PM
Yup this one here. Midfield of dreams in that pic...keeper of nightmares though!

So is the supposed new one a throwback to that one or the 90s version !

Both maybe?!

I loved this shirt...apart from the time the big Carlsberg rectangle rubbed the nipples of me!!

Still remember Fowlers double against Utd on Cantona's return.

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 14, 2023, 01:11:47 PM
I believe that's the Home keeper jersey. The away is orange.

I like the rumoured away kit - a throwback to the mid 90s.

Are they trying to target the Minecraft demographic? :)

gawa316

Going to be home in May and would love to take the boys to a game. Unfortunately looking like the Villa game (last home of the season) is the only one that will work. My brothers contact has nothing. Anyone any idea of where to look?

Gabriel_Hurl

Gakpo, Jota, Salah, Nunez all starting

May as well go down all guns blazing

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 15, 2023, 06:45:43 PM

Any midfielders playing?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 15, 2023, 06:49:02 PM

Any midfielders playing?

Will you be placing a pound or two on Liverpool to progress to the next round of the Champions league tonight?

Have in the past overturned a three goal lead to beat Carlo Ancelotti managed team and if Ajax managed by Erik Ten Hag can beat Real Madrid 4-1 in the Bernabéu why can't Liverpool?

J70

Klopp is correctly throwing caution to the wind. Absolutely nothing to lose at this point. An exercise in futility though. I expect Madrid will pick them off a couple of times on the break, and then everyone will just go through the motions until the end.

Nearest I can recall to this scenario was when Liverpool went to Chelsea 1-3 down around 09. Went 2-0 up at the bridge before leading 4-3 late on and needing one goal to win the tie, but Lampard scored in the last minute to finish it.

Those Liverpool and Chelsea teams were far more closely matched though than the current Madrid and Liverpool teams, especially when you look at midfield and the overall experience of the Madrid team.

laoislad

Could be our last game in the Champions League for a few seasons so may as well go for broke !

laoislad

Madrid trying to kill off any hope we might have had, they absolutely ripping us apart would be shocked if they don't score 3 or 4 tonight.

laoislad

At least we won't have to play Madrid in the Conference League next season.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 15, 2023, 07:13:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 15, 2023, 06:49:02 PM

Any midfielders playing?

Will you be placing a pound or two on Liverpool to progress to the next round of the Champions league tonight?

Have in the past overturned a three goal lead to beat Carlo Ancelotti managed team and if Ajax managed by Erik Ten Hag can beat Real Madrid 4-1 in the Bernabéu why can't Liverpool?

Only back from refereeing so never seen game but....

My bet builder was Benzema goal any time, Madrid win, over 8 corners over 3 corners!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Liverpool never looked like they'd real belief they'd make a game of it. That was like a pre-season friendly. No intensity.

seafoid

Liverpool have reached the end of the road with this team. One champions league and one Premier League  isn't bad.
The next team should be able to knock Man Utd off its f**king perch.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Vinicius Jnr must have an invisibility cloak that only fools TAA..

Let him run in behind again to set up the goal...