Norf Tyrone

Good stream for you scumbags

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/iraqgoals30

Password 5000
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

EC Unique

unbelievable. Liverpool should be 4 or 5 up. Makes for an interesting second half...  Wonder will Robert get a run?

ONeill

From Yahoo:

And that is the half-time whistle! Liverpool have pasted Newcastle but - thanks to some incredible goalkeeping by Shay Given and some slack defending just before the break - they are only one goal to the good.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

And from BBC:

As I said, a ridiculous half of football really. I can't remember seeing a Premier League team so thoroughly outplayed as Newcastle were in that half but, thanks to a quite phenomenal performance from Shay Given and that David Edgar goal, they're still in this. Only if Joe Kinnear can sort out his defence though...

ONeill

Whilst I'm at it, the Guardian:

An unbelievably dominant Liverpool go into half-time only one goal to the good, thanks largely to their own profligacy in front of goal, Shay Given's heroics in it, and then a lapse of concentration right at the death, which allowed Edgar to head home. The visitors should have been home and dry by now - and it's hard not to suggest that if they'd been playing with some proper strikers they would have been. But at least there's something to look forward to in the next 45. Newcastle might fancy they can nick something unlikely, which could open it up even more. Stay tuned for the second-half hijinks.

ONeill

4-1 Pool

66' Lucas on the ball, he plays a delightful diagonal pass wide right to Gerrard who arcs his run around Coloccini and is clean through AND HE LIFTS THE FINISH OVER GIVEN FOR 4-1! Liverpool are on FIRE at the moment. And they don't have Torres. Frightening. YAHOO

1328: GOAL Newcastle 1-4 Liverpool
Lucas delivers an outstanding pass for Steven Gerrard, who runs in from the right before clipping the ball over Shay Given. Still 25 minutes to go, but Liverpool will surely be top of the league as 2009 begins.
BBC

GOAL! Newcastle 1-4 Liverpool (Gerrard 66 mins)
That's a wonderful goal from Liverpool - and all outside hopes are snuffed out for Newcastle. Mascerano and Lucas exchange passes in the middle of the park and then Lucas, who has been excellent here, plays an outstanding pass inside Coloccini, picking out Gerrard who is charging down the right. the Liverpool captain latches onto it, cuts inside and lifts it over the on-rushing Given for 4-1. Wonderful ball from Lucas and a sublime finish.
GUARDIAN

ONeill

1-5

Newcastle
Edgar 45+2

Liverpool
Gerrard 31
Hyypia 36
Babel 50
Gerrard 66
Alonso 77 (pen)

ONeill

Finally:

From Yahoo:

Liverpool finish 2008 on top of the Premier League after a massive win at Newcastle. A statement of intent to the doubters.

Guardian

And that's that. Halsey puts Newcastle out of their misery, to lacklustre booing from the home crowd. Liverpool outplayed them today, and they might actually have lost by many more had the early chances been put away. But 5-1 is actually a pretty fair reflection on this match - and if you think that's just the Guardian's renowned anti-Newcastle bias then that's up to you.

gawa316

Well that was worth gettin up for at 4 in the morning :)

No joke that could easily have been double figures. Was actually a bit nervous about this match before hand, how wrong was I? Great all round performance, just should have scored a few more. Lucas has fairly lifted his game after Rafa's backing. Another great performance from him today.

8 goals in 2 games, showing some good form, Torres to come back and top of the league going into the new year...nice ;)

Carmen Stateside

Great win! should have been 10, lucas had a great game although the oppisition were very poor.
Fulham helping us out at the minute ;)

corn02

Quote from: EC Unique on December 28, 2008, 11:49:39 AM
Keane dropped just as he hits form :o  It must be frustrating to have Rafa at times like this :-\

:D Yeah so annoying.

corn02

Superb performance, probably the best of the season. Newcastle were awful - they delivered a guide on how not to defend today.

Keane had a groin starin and with two games in 48 hours it was no big problem for him not to play - the scoreline also justified it.

Once again Yossi had a very good game, he has been very impressive the last half dozen games, fair play to him. The whole team were excellent. Gerrad, Kuyt and Lucas especially good.

Gabriel_Hurl