The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: corn02 on December 24, 2008, 10:35:44 AM
Quote from: stiffler on December 24, 2008, 10:26:16 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on December 23, 2008, 12:03:11 PM
Believe me lads I am as happy as you lot at Chelsea dropping points, I fully expected liverpool to drop at least 2 points against Arsenal but I did not expect Chelsea to drop points against Everton. It is an unexpected bonus for Utd to make up 2 points on both teams the same weekend they are crowned world champions ;D ;D :D

Who did utd get three points against at the weekend??

Whiskey nose himself has said before that he would rather have points on the board than games in hand.

Uusally you would scoff at his comment as just keeping feet on the ground, but they way the leagu is going if United dropped two I would not be shocked.

Surely the big difference this year is that Liverpool have come through their dodgy November and December form, not only not hopelessly adrift of United and Chelsea, but a little ahead of them. Obviously there are no guarantees that Liverpool will pick up their form post-Christmas as they have done in previous seasons, but the United gloaters here seem to be convinced that they won't pick up their form under any circumstances. Let's not write them off just yet.

Stalin

The Liverpool XI in full is: Reina, Carragher, Insua, Hyypia, Agger, Riera, Benayoun, Alonso, Gerrard, Kuyt, Keane. Subs: Cavalieri, Ngog, El Zhar, Mascherano, Babel, Lucas, Darby.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

gawa316

Anyone got a half decent link? Can't get anything working

Carmen Stateside

Good win today against a poor Bolton side. Keane starting to show his through worth now with two fine goals. 
Insua keeps impressing from left back.
Still top with Newcastle up next.

stiffler

Quote from: EC Unique on December 21, 2008, 09:39:36 PM

take a good look at the premier table lads because I think it is the last time you will see LFC at the top for a long while ;D ;D :D

Quote of the year   :D
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

gawa316

Cheers for the link.

Completely dominated that game. Pepe barely had a save to make. Insua and Riera link up well on the left. Keane took his 2 goals superbly. Hopefully Torres will be back on the bench for the Toon game

Minder

Will the dogs now be called off on Keane (i was one) ? I find it astonishing that whilst there has been a media witch hunt from sections of the media due to Keanes poor early season goal return Berbatov has performed at a similar or worse level yet never a word is uttered. Is it because he is a "classy foreigner" and only the odd flick or backheel is needed ( and zero workrate) to satisfy some? Weird.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on December 26, 2008, 09:04:30 PM
Will the dogs now be called off on Keane (i was one) ? I find it astonishing that whilst there has been a media witch hunt from sections of the media due to Keanes poor early season goal return Berbatov has performed at a similar or worse level yet never a word is uttered. Is it because he is a "classy foreigner" and only the odd flick or backheel is needed ( and zero workrate) to satisfy some? Weird.
Yes you are. You all should write a letter of apology to young Robert. Shame on you Minder.

Norf Tyrone

What could've been a tricky tie for Lpool should now be a fairly handy one following boxing day injuries to Viduka, Jose Enrique, Beye and a suspension to Bassong. With Martins and 4 or 5 others out already it's a patched up Newcastle. This mornings announcement re Ashley will also add to the soap opera at St James, and cast another shadowy, gloom over the place.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Rafa drops Keana and Alonso!

Newcastle: Given, Edgar, Taylor, Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Gutierrez, Guthrie, Butt, N'Zogbia, Duff, Owen. Subs: Harper, Xisco, Geremi, Ameobi, Kadar, LuaLua, Carroll.
Liverpool: Reina, Carragher, Hyypia, Agger, Insua, Benayoun, Mascherano, Leiva Lucas, Babel, Gerrard, Kuyt. Subs: Cavalieri, Keane, Riera, Alonso, Ngog, El Zhar, Skrtel.

EC Unique

Keane dropped just as he hits form :o  It must be frustrating to have Rafa at times like this :-\

gawa316

Jesus this should be at least 4 or 5 nil

Norf Tyrone

Liverpool 0 Given 0 so far.

Newcastle are shocking!