Lawlessness on Island off Donegal

Started by drici, August 30, 2012, 09:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drici

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2012/08/29/garda-patrol-car-targeted-on-arranmore-island/

GARDA PATROL CAR TARGETED ON ARRANMORE ISLAND

August 29, 2012

Gardai have launched an investigation after a patrol car was targeted on Arranmore Island.

A spokesman for the Garda press office confirmed that three hubcaps were taken off the car but later found nearby and replaced.

The incident happened on August 18th.

The island does not have a full-time Garda presence but does receive patrols, especially over the summer months, by Gardai from the mainland.

Tubberman

Horrific - only a matter of time before the army is called in to try to restore law and order.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ballinaman

Quote from: Tubberman on August 30, 2012, 09:16:08 AM
Horrific - only a matter of time before the army is called in to try to restore law and order.
There is a special pull out section in the local paper on hubcaps this week.

Nally Stand

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Hardy

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 30, 2012, 10:01:51 AM
Marshal Law to be enforced shortly.

Go on home, folks. Your hubcaps are safe now.

LeoMc

It is a conspiracy by the Garda, some sort of cover-up stop us finding out that they drove over a pot hole and the hub caps fell off.

Greenabovethered

stephenite

laoislad

When I was a young lad of 17 I bought my first car,a 1990 Toyota Starlet, which had a full 1.1 litres of pure power.
After I had paid for the car and insurance, which actually cost more than the car!, I had enough left over to buy a cool set of hubcaps for my new wagon.
I bought the hubcaps one Saturday morning and that night I went out on the tear in Kilkenny and probably shifted a Camogie player or two.
Anyway I got separated from the rest of my mates and the guy I was suppose to be staying with probably due to me staying too long with one of the Camogie players, and as there was no such things as mobile phones back then had no way of contacting them so I had to end up sleeping in my car that night.
So I slept in the car and the following morning woke up and went across to the nearby petrol station to grab a hangover busting bottle of Lucozade and a packet of King Crisps.
On the way back to the car I noticed something didn't seem right, it took be a second to figure out some b**tard had robbed me fecking new hubcaps and to make it worse had robbed them while I was asleep in the passenger seat!
They were defo on it when I got back to the car the night before as I remember looking at them and thinking how shit hot they looked on my cool as f**k Starlet.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

There's a special supplement on hubcaps in today's Arranmore Gazette.

dillinger

ONeill

Arranmore-Aid on tonight to commemorate the disaster.

Performing:

All proceeds go to the 8 meals a day Donegal team.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lecale2

Very disappointing that this should happen on Arranmore! It was always crime free.