TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo_run

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 21, 2019, 10:46:22 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on May 21, 2019, 10:40:30 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 15, 2019, 12:07:54 PM
Enjoying Chernobyl on Sky Atlantic, although the "ey oop, lad" accents of some of the characters takes a bit of getting used to.

Who needs fictional TV shows when you have this on. It's dark, intense and captivating.

The only annoyance I have is the range of accents in it. Should have made it authentic and used Russian actors with subs
Absolutely grim but compelling viewing tonight.

I've got used to the accents now.

I have only just finished the first episode. I will be catching up with it all before I go to sleep. Can't stop watching it.

screenexile

f**king Trevor!!! Can't believe he got work again after what he did to little Mo ... #Chernobyl

gerrykeegan

I had to Google the cast as I knew the voice. He's been to the  buffet bar a few times since he battered Mo
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Jeepers Creepers

The Virtues. Typical grim but compelling from Shane Meadows. I am and not looking fed to the 2nd episode. Stephen Graham is brilliant.

take_yer_points

Free Solo just started on channel 4, very good show

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 22, 2019, 08:27:23 AM
The Virtues. Typical grim but compelling from Shane Meadows. I am and not looking fed to the 2nd episode. Stephen Graham is brilliant.

Bit weird but well worth watching so far. Mr. Graham has been spending more time in Belfast!

laoislad

Quote from: take_yer_points on May 23, 2019, 09:09:18 PM
That was nuts!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Watching the second series of Killing Eve! Top notch
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Denn Forever

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 23, 2019, 11:15:04 PM
Quote from: take_yer_points on May 23, 2019, 09:09:18 PM

Man.

It was amazing.  The power he had in his hands and fingers.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 23, 2019, 11:06:04 PM
Watching the second series of Killing Eve! Top notch

Is that on iplayer?

TabClear

The Big Bang Theory finished last night with a great finale. I know its not everyone's cup of tea but it has been consistently one of the best comedies of the last decade for me.

screenexile

Quote from: TabClear on May 24, 2019, 03:06:30 PM
The Big Bang Theory finished last night with a great finale. I know its not everyone's cup of tea but it has been consistently one of the best comedies of the last decade for me.

Has it?? Really?

It was a decent concept at the start but then became a constant stream of cheese and rehashed jokes like HIMYM and Friends before it. It was fine for 2/3 series but it hasn't had it for a long time now!!

themac_23

Finished season 3 of Gomorrah last night, easily one of the best things I've watched, even with the subtitles it's really gripping. I remember watching the first season and thinking how raw it was, after looking into it there was a good reason, bar 4-5 main characters a lot of the parts were played by actual young lads who were caught up in that world in Naples and it really shone through, great show I'd highly recommend it and looking forward to the next season

Esmarelda

Quote from: Solo_run on May 21, 2019, 10:40:30 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 15, 2019, 12:07:54 PM
Enjoying Chernobyl on Sky Atlantic, although the "ey oop, lad" accents of some of the characters takes a bit of getting used to.

Who needs fictional TV shows when you have this on. It's dark, intense and captivating.

The only annoyance I have is the range of accents in it. Should have made it authentic and used Russian actors with subs
Couldn't agree more. Accents, while not ruining it, make it hard to take seriously. Why didn't they just make a fictional show about Sellafield?