East wall #Irelandisfull

Started by Truth hurts, January 04, 2023, 11:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: clarshack on February 11, 2023, 03:56:11 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 11, 2023, 12:52:09 PM
Quote from: whitey on February 11, 2023, 11:39:36 AM
On another note-I have seen people carrying Antifa (type) flags at the counter protests. Should the media not be reporting that these people are far left

Mind your own business yank

Is that not racist?

No it's not. Neither is calling him a stupid Rascist Yank. I was going to explain Irony to the other lad too but I think it would be over his head.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on February 11, 2023, 09:12:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 11, 2023, 09:04:42 PM
He never said Yanki or Yankee

I guess so.

I've a family next door to me, they are the  most hard working family that I know, they also happen to be from Pakistan, if half the country worked as hard we'd be in a better place!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

burdizzo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 11, 2023, 09:34:00 PM

I guess so.

I've a family next door to me, they are the  most hard working family that I know, they also happen to be from Pakistan, if half the country worked as hard we'd be in a better place!

So we should just bring in more and more Pakistanis, yeah?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: burdizzo on February 11, 2023, 10:08:39 PM

I guess so.

So we should just bring in more and more Pakistanis, yeah?

If we could bring in the hard working ones and dump the wasters I'd sign up for that one

clarshack

I guess so.

I'd believe that.

Tubberman

Quote from: clarshack on February 11, 2023, 10:45:20 PM

I guess so.

I'd believe that.

We have an Indian family living next door. Absolutely lovely people, the parents English isn't great but they're very friendly and the kids get on great with all the other kids.
They're an addition to the community without a doubt.
Having said that, there's a limit to how much inward migration a country should take.
You look to the likes of Leeds and Bradford in the UK to see how over concentration to lead to problems.
So it has to be carefully controlled imo.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tubberman on February 11, 2023, 10:51:10 PM

I guess so.

I'd believe that.

We have an Indian family living next door. Absolutely lovely people, the parents English isn't great but they're very friendly and the kids get on great with all the other kids.
Having said that, there's a limit to how much inward migration a country should take.
You look to the likes of Leeds and Bradford in the UK to see how over concentration to lead to problems.

My point is simple, I'd rather have hard working people than dole merchants, regardless of where they are from.

Stop giving people money for nothing

Kidder81

Quote from: Tubberman on February 11, 2023, 10:51:10 PM

I guess so.

I'd believe that.

Well put

Main Street

I do have some nordie friends. Some of them nordies are decent hard working and family orientated folk. Perhaps not lovely but those I do know are tolerable but I do wish their diction was up to standard .

From the Bunker

I do feel sorry for the various Refugees, Asylum seekers, Emigrants and so on who are coming into this country and are put in large numbers in ghetto like conditions. Most of them are young males and this is not a safe place for them to be. Such an environment encourages gangs to form to feel safe and to survive. 

Eire90

There was protests outside rte yesteday  they also plan to counter protests the st patricks day parade.Also seems to be cooperation between irish and british groups. a counter protester was nearly attacked in eastwall and chants about joe duffy outside rte.

From the Bunker

Here we go.

My sons best friend is Polish.
My daughters boyfriend is Lituanian.
My Next door neighbour is Latvian.
I have very good mates who are married to Argentinian and Singaporean women.
I encounter multiple nationalities in my job with no issues (or no more issues than the average Irish born person).
The thing is all the people above mentioned came in with a plan, with a way of getting accommodation, or getting a job and with proper papers.
There is a steam train of problems coming with this open door policy. We are making up the ways to deal with this situation as we go along and the Government don't know what to do. Being afraid of some of those consequences in not racist, it being concerned. Concern is a good emotion to have. This concern is as much for the people coming here (where there is no plan for them) as it is for the people who already live here.
We are letting in people who have different ways, different cultures and a different way of looking at things. You have to be aware of this and letting large amounts without a plan spells huge danger.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 12, 2023, 08:28:05 PM
Here we go.

My sons best friend is Polish.
My daughters boyfriend is Lituanian.
My Next door neighbour is Latvian.
I have very good mates who are married to Argentinian and Singaporean women.
I encounter multiple nationalities in my job with no issues (or no more issues than the average Irish born person).
The thing is all the people above mentioned came in with a plan, with a way of getting accommodation, or getting a job and with proper papers.
There is a steam train of problems coming with this open door policy. We are making up the ways to deal with this situation as we go along and the Government don't know what to do. Being afraid of some of those consequences in not racist, it being concerned. Concern is a good emotion to have. This concern is as much for the people coming here (where there is no plan for them) as it is for the people who already live here.
We are letting in people who have different ways, different cultures and a different way of looking at things. You have to be aware of this and letting large amounts without a plan spells huge danger.

Those issues take them up with your local politician, people will respect you more..