Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Doesn't take much to get people going here
All he said was it was a good refereeing performance, which it was, I was at it myself
When no coaches or spectators from either club are questioning any decisions its a good sign.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 23, 2022, 10:30:39 AM
All he said was it was a good refereeing performance, which it was, I was at it myself
When no coaches or spectators from either club are questioning any decisions its a good sign.

Yeah I think its a great idea and well done CB for adding that on the end of the report, to actually give credit where its due, and when the referees have a great game it should be noted in the reports, first time I've seen it and hopefully not the last.

The 'craic' was he said he never seen him, not harm in having a laugh, anyone taking it too thick here is lining themselves  up for more 'banter'

On that, I'd a day off yesterday and was able to watch our seniors for a change, and the referee was great also, Barry Winters was very good and consistent with his calls, And Colm had a blinder at Headquarters in the final.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 23, 2022, 10:38:36 AM

Yeah I think its a great idea and well done CB for adding that on the end of the report, to actually give credit where its due, and when the referees have a great game it should be noted in the reports, first time I've seen it and hopefully not the last.

The 'craic' was he said he never seen him, not harm in having a laugh, anyone taking it too thick here is lining themselves  up for more 'banter'

On that, I'd a day off yesterday and was able to watch our seniors for a change, and the referee was great also, Barry Winters was very good and consistent with his calls, And Colm had a blinder at Headquarters in the final.

Was an ex clubmate of Colms not playing for one the teams ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 23, 2022, 11:16:18 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 23, 2022, 10:38:36 AM

Was an ex clubmate of Colms not playing for one the teams ?

Mate and ex club would be a bit far fetched to be honest, Colm is originally from McDermotts and never played for us, or I've no recollection of it, and CJ is playing for a different club in a different county. be like me refereeing against a ex clubmate here in Antrim, that happens. Sure he even gave him a booking for the usual  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thegooch13

Who are the favourites for the senior championship this year, if big pat shivers is back to his best for it cargin be hard bate

Belfast GAA man

country bumpkin

Attended a well contested Mac Namee cup final (yes it is a hurling game.

CPB proved winners over St Pats Maghera and was surprised to see an Antrim referee in the middle.

Is that the way it is....no neutrality in hurling....

Yes I had a grandson playing for St Pats....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 26, 2022, 10:46:30 AM

CPB proved winners over St Pats Maghera and was surprised to see an Antrim referee in the middle.

Both schools have to agree on the ref for the likes of those competitions, was it a Belfast ref?

bannside

Any thoughts on our contest with Leitrim on Saturday? See PP have us as firm favourites at 4/7.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on May 26, 2022, 12:19:06 PM
Any thoughts on our contest with Leitrim on Saturday? See PP have us as firm favourites at 4/7.

I'd have thought a 50/50 game considering the dropouts

bannside

Yea we've had a few dropouts but sure that's why managers call in 30 players at the start of the year. There's will always be one or two walk aways or injuries. Most counties will be experiencing the same.

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 26, 2022, 10:50:11 AM

Both schools have to agree on the ref for the likes of those competitions, was it a Belfast ref?

A good few Down refs live in Belfast, just saying like.

country bumpkin

Quote from: johnnycool on May 26, 2022, 01:02:09 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 26, 2022, 10:50:11 AM

A good few Down refs live in Belfast, just saying like.

Was the boss of refs ......and I cannot comment on his performance.....pleading the 5th.

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on May 26, 2022, 12:19:06 PM
Lets hope for an Antrim win, we could do with a boost. The way things have turned out with Leitrim at home its a 50/50