Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

podge

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 23, 2022, 07:06:42 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 23, 2022, 05:07:50 PM
The cushendun goalie scored a point from a puck out yesterday. From a puck out! Never heard of that before.

The wind down there is crazy, I remember the catch nets would be blowing past the posts onto the pitch!! Scoring a point was difficult  ;D

Down there? The game was played in Rossa park !

Milltown Row2

Quote from: podge on May 23, 2022, 08:24:26 PM
The cushendun goalie scored a point from a puck out yesterday. From a puck out! Never heard of that before.

The wind down there is crazy, I remember the catch nets would be blowing past the posts onto the pitch!! Scoring a point was difficult  ;D

Down there? The game was played in Rossa park !

Aye I noticed that after I posted I read the report !! Then realised who was pucking the ball! He scored 1-2 ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

McGhee is still the best keeper in the county and his young fella is going to be a class act also

johnnycool

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 23, 2022, 10:07:17 PM
McGhee is still the best keeper in the county and his young fella is going to be a class act also

Ex Dunloy McGhee?

Kidder81

Quote from: johnnycool on May 24, 2022, 08:21:17 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on May 23, 2022, 10:07:17 PM

Ex Dunloy McGhee?

Yeah

thegooch13

This seems a bit exaggerated doesnt it

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thegooch13 on May 24, 2022, 01:08:06 PM

This seems a bit exaggerated doesnt it

I can remember the wind coming in from the sea and the catch nets blowing past the posts, now we are going back a load of years but when the gusts were coming in that's how bad it was
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

I mind throwing the ball up to take a poc out at the top end and the wind blowing it out for a 70. Between there and Feystown it was crazy!

thegooch13

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 24, 2022, 03:22:24 PM
I mind throwing the ball up to take a poc out at the top end and the wind blowing it out for a 70. Between there and Feystown it was crazy!
I once jumped when i was against the wind and i got blown away. Was a few years ago but I was only a young gosson

keep her low this half

I always liked Cushendun, Feystown was a different story, getting changed in the whin bushes before and after the match!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: keep her low this half on May 25, 2022, 10:43:52 AM

I always liked Cushendun, Feystown was a different story, getting changed in the whin bushes before and after the match!!

Or on a really wet day pushing the car out from the mud to get home!

thegooch13

Feystown not having changing rooms back then?

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: thegooch13 on May 25, 2022, 11:20:39 AM

Feystown not having changing rooms back then?
Wooden hut..

imtommygunn

The only team I really mind not having changing rooms were Mitchells where you took your car onto the grass bank at the side of the pitch and changed there then got out and there was someone from the surrounding estate shooting a BB gun at you  ;D

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 25, 2022, 12:16:45 PM
The only team I really mind not having changing rooms were Mitchells where you took your car onto the grass bank at the side of the pitch and changed there then got out and there was someone from the surrounding estate shooting a BB gun at you  ;D
Poleglass ? Changed at the side of the road.

When asked if the cars  / minibus would be OK there were a couple of 'boyos' standing close by providing security  ;D ;D ;D