Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Quote from: Last Man on March 15, 2016, 10:04:43 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on March 15, 2016, 09:35:25 AM
Management? Surely you mean the Club?
How can a manager standing on a line take the brunt for someone having a rush of blood on the pitch?
How would any of you be encouraged to take a team - and then explain to your friends and family you are suspended because someone else hit a guy on the pitch?
Nonsense!

As for the actual regulation - I think a lot of well spirited games played by true Gaels would be suffering as a result of the few idiots. That's a terrible shame.
So you don't think the manager has any responsibility to instill discipline? Very rarely are these type of incidents out of character and when the damage is done it's done. No point in viewing the player insurance as a safety net for a working man either.

He has the responsibility to instil discipline yes - and all managers would because that benefits the team.

However, that's a totally different argument to holding the manager accountable for a lack of discipline.

btdtgtt

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 15, 2016, 10:02:52 AM
Quote from: clootfromthe21 on March 15, 2016, 09:56:02 AM
OK lads, 2 days out.

How do we think Thursday will go?

Feeling bizarrely confident the Dall will do it.

very hard to call.  I think if cushendall can hit the ground running they have a chance
It's both terms first final so it could be down to who can keep their  composure

Imm going for Cusendall

Any team news?
Fingers crossed they do the business!
I always get a chuckle when the hurling folk walk out after the first game!

Na Glinntí Glasa

would like to see them win on Paddys day but i feel that NP are just that bit stronger than Cdall. they have only won 3 limerick titles and each time they have won munster as well. Thats a real strong record to have, not many clubs can boast that.

I watched Cdall in every championship game bar the ulster semi final and they have gotten it tight on more than one occasion. At the same time they have got over the line to win. The only game they were comfortable in was an All Ireland Semi final!

I wish them all the best and i hope im wrong.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

I really hope they win too DR but they are up against it here I think. Every game has been tight like the semi like you say but I do think they have improved every game.

Their defense is good - it will probably be as good or better than NP's. It's the forward department I think they might struggle in. Not enough pace in it especially. It will be interesting to see where they play McAfee after the damage he did in the semi-final.

NP also have Downes and the other fella - Dowling is it? - who are big players though if they can be stopped could be anyone's game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 15, 2016, 10:50:07 AM
I really hope they win too DR but they are up against it here I think. Every game has been tight like the semi like you say but I do think they have improved every game.

Their defense is good - it will probably be as good or better than NP's. It's the forward department I think they might struggle in. Not enough pace in it especially. It will be interesting to see where they play McAfee after the damage he did in the semi-final.

NP also have Downes and the other fella - Dowling is it? - who are big players though if they can be stopped could be anyone's game.
That's the thing... NP have a great forward pair but the defence in Cushendall has been their main asset ... they have stopped each team this year with their tight defence....if they keep the foul count down (as dowling never misses) then they have a great chance.. hard quick hurling and take your fecking chances!!!!

one opportunity as there is no guarantee that they will get another chance with this team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

How can a manager standing on a line take the brunt for someone having a rush of blood on the pitch?
How would any of you be encouraged to take a team - and then explain to your friends and family you are suspended because someone else hit a guy on the pitch?
Nonsense!

As for the actual regulation - I think a lot of well spirited games played by true Gaels would be suffering as a result of the few idiots. That's a terrible shame.

I refereed enough games and managed enough games to know when managers wind up their players to go ape shit in a game... and if you haven't then you must not attend too many games or not involved too much as a past player... I'm not saying either that managers should be accountable but they do have a position of responsibility
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 15, 2016, 11:01:24 AM
Nonsense!

I refereed enough games and managed enough games to know when managers wind up their players to go ape shit in a game... and if you haven't then you must not attend too many games or not involved too much as a past player... I'm not saying either that managers should be accountable but they do have a position of responsibility

Which is precisely what I said - so thanks for agreeing with me.

If you reffed games where a manger was winding things up - then deal with it by putting him off the line or sticking it in your report.
If you don't know that's procedure the "you haven't then you must not attend too many games or not involved too much as a past player"

Otherwise introducing a blanket rule to make all managers accountable for players actions on the pitch is really nonsense - funny enough it's the players that's responsible for his own actions.

It's not that difficult to grasp really. Ref's these days eh.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 15, 2016, 10:59:15 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 15, 2016, 10:50:07 AM

That's the thing... NP have a great forward pair but the defence in Cushendall has been their main asset ... they have stopped each team this year with their tight defence....if they keep the foul count down (as dowling never misses) then they have a great chance.. hard quick hurling and take your fecking chances!!!!

one opportunity as there is no guarantee that they will get another chance with this team

McCambridge was unreal against Sarsfields. He had the corner forward in his pocket from the very first ball played into them. Prob one of the best performances ive seen from him.

One down side to Cdalls forward play was the serious amount of wides they both hit and had hit at them in that match. Sarsfields missed serious chances in the first half, was criminal to watch.

They need to be ruthless in front of goal and their own on thurs to have any chance of winning.
hurl like f**k boi!

WTF u on about?

In these pre season so called friendly matches there usually tends to be a bit of handbags at some stage. The ref doesn't want to send anybody off in these matches either so it's up to him to either say to the management to take that man off before I send him off or if said management had any sense they would have him off already. These are the games were u should be getting the discipline sorted for the upcoming season!

hurlingstick

I don't think Cushendal have enough up front to win. Then again I also thought Antrim would beat Carlow on Sunday.  So hopefully I'm wrong again. Good luck Ruari Og. Bring it home.

Seamroga in exile

I think they'll win it. Their defence is top notch and they have a great team ethic. Good luck to them.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

ardtole

McCambridge had a great game in the semi final, but I thought Campbell run him close for motm, he set the tone with a thundering shoulder early on in the game. The 3/4 weeks then should do a lot for Graffins  fitness also. I wonder will the cushendall management chance mckeegan from the start at ff, to me he seemed to put himself about a lot more and was much more effective than the lad he replaced.

johnneycool

Quote from: ardtole on March 15, 2016, 01:30:32 PM
McCambridge had a great game in the semi final, but I thought Campbell run him close for motm, he set the tone with a thundering shoulder early on in the game. The 3/4 weeks then should do a lot for Graffins  fitness also. I wonder will the cushendall management chance mckeegan from the start at ff, to me he seemed to put himself about a lot more and was much more effective than the lad he replaced.

Karl was well off the pace, the Dall management are correct to throw him on for the last 10 minutes or so when lads are tired, he's still a cute hoor and can engineer a bit of space, just can't cover the ground like he used to.

In the semi-final this Dall outfit played like a team and worked like hell for each other. They'll need to maintain that same mentality to give this pretty strong Na Piarsaigh team a run for it. Its not beyond them, but they'll need to keep their discipline and focus, take their scores and TBH I'd throw McAfee in and around the square and drop a few on top of him and see what comes off it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 15, 2016, 11:22:31 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 15, 2016, 11:01:24 AM
Nonsense!

Which is precisely what I said - so thanks for agreeing with me.

If you reffed games where a manger was winding things up - then deal with it by putting him off the line or sticking it in your report.
If you don't know that's procedure the "you haven't then you must not attend too many games or not involved too much as a past player"

Otherwise introducing a blanket rule to make all managers accountable for players actions on the pitch is really nonsense - funny enough it's the players that's responsible for his own actions.

It's not that difficult to grasp really. Ref's these days eh.

That makes a change from the referee caused that

theskull1

Referee's have a duty to make sure the game is played within the rules. Simple. Penalize heavily those who maliciously hold intent to harm their opponent(s) rather than look to play the ball. Referees who don't sanction the first malicious foul have a part to play in the next one.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera