Previous topic - Next topic

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: barnish oggie on May 26, 2022, 09:51:32 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 25, 2022, 03:19:42 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on May 25, 2022, 03:18:45 PM
Quote from: thegooch13 on May 25, 2022, 11:20:39 AM
Quote from: keep her low this half on May 25, 2022, 10:43:52 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on May 24, 2022, 03:22:24 PM
I mind throwing the ball up to take a poc out at the top end and the wind blowing it out for a 70. Between there and Feystown it was crazy!

I always liked Cushendun, Feystown was a different story, getting changed in the whin bushes before and after the match!!
Feystown not having changing rooms back then?

Who plays out of Feystown? Not sure if I've ever played there.

Glenarm! Shane  O'Neil's

Maybe it's just my age but i only ever remember them having a changing room, going back to the early 90s.

Hated playing down there more for the issue of having Arthur Forsyth refereeing and not hiding his bias!!

Used to change in a wooden hut which was later burnt down. The 'new' changing rooms have been in place sine the early 90's.

Arthur, not hiding his bias @&%^. Never   :P :P ::) ::)

imtommygunn

Interesting lineup for tomorrow. The team looks strong with Molloy and McManus back. Interesting to see maskey back in defense and Burke in the corner. Kerry never easy beat so I would expect a tight game but hopefully we will come out on the right side of it. We look strong from the bench too which is not something we always look.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 03, 2022, 06:43:27 PM
Interesting lineup for tomorrow. The team looks strong with Molloy and McManus back. Interesting to see maskey back in defense and Burke in the corner. Kerry never easy beat so I would expect a tight game but hopefully we will come out on the right side of it. We look strong from the bench too which is not something we always look.

Not sure how that line up will actually line up, keep Kerry guessing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

I see Antrim winning this by 8+ points

imtommygunn

Hope you're right. Too many years being an Antrim fan so never get too ahead of myself!

marty34

Quote from: Kidder81 on June 03, 2022, 10:16:53 PM

I see Antrim winning this by 8+ points

Kerry are regulars to CP so it should be interesting.

paddyjohn

Good luck to the lads and safe travels to all.

Baile an tuaigh

Antrim totally dominated first 20 minutes referee gave Kerry a non penalty and a few soft frees to keep them in it. Antrim stepped it up again to brush them off. Ciaran Clark scored a goal and assisted in the other two. Conal Cunning doing well from frees and play.  McNaughton, Elliot, McManus all playing well mid field and defense well on top so far. Antrim 3-14 Kerry 1-10 half time.

imtommygunn

Phew. I still think there was a bit more in us but that game was so much tighter than it should have been.

We are very good at scoring goals and in coby we have a good one but our defense needs some work to say the least!

Kidder81

When you look at what Kerry (who are limited) scored it doesent bode well against Cork, obviously Corrigan is a good home advantage but it could be messy.

imtommygunn

Social media thinks the ref shafted Kerry with the McKernan free. No mention of the half a dozen ish dodgy decisions against us!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Milltown Row2

The 'penalty' they got was absurd and that's me being nice!! Outside of that we stepped off the gas and they started to get into the game more, well deserved second half performance from them but once you lose that momentum it's nearly impossible to pull it back..

Cork will be three levels above
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Yeah despite it being a one point game I think we were always winning that though the cork game is going to be tough to say the least.

keep her low this half

Antrim started great and got a good lead built up but the second half was brutal, Scored a goal from a 100 yard straight ball and thought that would work all day. Numerous points left behind in the second half in pursuit of goals. Lots of spare defenders back marking space and doing very little.
Delighted to have won and be in the Liam McCarthy next year but if we perform like trhat against Cork it will be a turkey shoot.
As for the refrering it is a completely different game to whats allowed in the Galway KK match